- 7 Module (BAS 1 bis BAS 7) während des 1. und 2. Semesters
- theoretische Grundlagen werden vermittelt und mit praktischen Aufgaben, Fallstudien, etc. gefestigt
- sportwissenschaftliche Grundkenntnisse werden erlernt
- nicht nur in der Sporttheorie (bspw. verhaltens- und sozialwissenschaftliche Grundlagen) sondern ebenso in der Sportpraxis (Schwimmen, Leichtathletik, Bewegung) facettenreich
About Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln
The Deutsche Sporthochschule Köln was founded in 1947 in Cologne and unites nowadays more than 6000 students in different departments. The lectures combine valuable content with practical research elements and promote the top-class sport at high level.
The DSHS in Cologne is not just the only sports university of Germany, but the one and only university worldwide with such a unique specialization of sports, health and fitness. The study programs are offered at 20 different institutes and supported by nine additional campuses in order for the DSHS to combine a wide range of areas.
Due to the diversified university structure, the study programs support interdisciplinarity and favor the integration socially relevant issues. The university provides study programs in form of bachelor and master degrees that include subjects going from biomechanical and psychological contents to economic, historical and ethical questions related to sports.
Furthermore, the world biggest sports university created its own community by opening its arms to more than 900 employees. The DSHS created a network of more than 60 partner universities in order to favor the international exchange of the students.
Though the study programs are serving a narrow department – the sports industry – they combine all relevant aspects so that their students will soon be able to enter the job market with a profound and valuable education.
With the subdivision of the sports branch in different sub-groups the sports college aims for a high-quality education to mediate and to prepare their students for their future occupation. At the moment, there are five bachelor programs and nine master courses.
Bachelor programmes taught in Cologne:
- Sportmanagement und Sportkommunikation
- Sport und Gesundheit in Praevention und Therapie
- Sport und Leistung
- Sport, Erlebnis und Bewegung
These are the current Master progams:
- Human Technology in sports and medicine
- Sport- und Bewegungsgerontologie
- Sporttourismus und Erholungsmanagement
- Sport Management
- Rehabilitations-, Prävention und Gesundheitsmanagement
- International Sport Development and Politics
- Psychology in Sport and Exercise
- Expertise Science and Coaching
- Sport, Medien und Kommunikationsforschung