VF Corporation is looking for an exceptional Sr. Data Engineer to join our Global Data & Analytics Engineering team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Let’s talk about the role!
Sr. Data Engineer will lead development of critical data pipelines for Global Data & Analytics Foundation platform and will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of technical deliverables.
Interact when necessary, with Product Owners to understand business requirements and translate into technical stories needed to implement end-to-end solutions.
Work in coordination with the data scientists, data analysts and business partners to implement and test advanced data analytics pipelines and applications.
Build and maintain architecture diagrams, technical documentation and best practices for data engineering team; as well as utilizing best practices across industries and striving for innovation and efficiency.
We expect that you will deliver unbeatable results whilst fulfilling the following aspects of the Sr. Data Engineer role:
- Lead the development of big data initiatives respecting best practices, performance and cost requirements.
- Contribute our Global Data Platform to evolve in term of efficiency, effectiveness, reliability and performances.
- Manage and monitor the solution implemented to ensure always good results and support to the core business departments.
- Be the point of reference for the Business, Architecture and Data Science team whenever a Big Data technology is required.
- Ability to evaluate and improve technical design and engineering patterns to increase software reusability.
- Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence or similar tracking and management tools
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and complete manner.
- Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to prioritization task based on sense of urgency and accuracy.
Skills for Success
To succeed as Sr. Data Engineer, you must interpret business requirements collected by our product owners and translate them into effective solutions. Strong empathy and influencing skills will help you getting your team comrades on board with your solution vision.
A natural proactivity habit, advanced problem-solving skill and analytical approach are mandatory success conditions.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Degree in computer science or other related to STEM disciplines.
- An expertise in cloud native environment in major public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure) with 5+ years of professional experience on data engineering and related/technologies (on AWS cloud is preferred). Main focus on:
- Services devoted to data management and transformation.
- OLAP systems and distributed computing services (Redshift).
- Serverless architecture principles.
- CI/CD tools, DevOps best practices and versioning systems.
- A strong ability with Python language and most common data management libraries.
- A proven understanding of SQL language (PostgreSQL preferred).
- A solid understanding of cloud security best practices and data pipeline design principles.
- Performed work with a high level of independence of self-management of a large variety of tasks in a matrixed organization.
- Basic knowledge on the following domain is considered as plus:
- MLOps projects and data science domain (understanding on AWS SageMaker).
- Data visualization tool (Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server).
- Google Analytics domain (universal analytics, GA4, BigQuery exports).
- Experience on streaming solutions development (ie: Kinesis Stream, Kinesis Firehose, Kafka).
- IaaS frameworks (Terraform, CloudFormation or similars).
- AWS Certifications DAS-C01 (AWS Data Analytics Specialty) is an extra plus.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Relocation support may be available to applicants who lives more than 100 km from Stabio.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!