Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As a key member of the store leadership team, you will be working alongside the Assistant and Store Manager, leading a talented group of Product Guides and facilitating the guest experience. You are a part of every area of the retail store including experience, product, community, operations and people, and are inspired to seek out ways to evolve our practices.
You are product-obsessed and seek any chance to get outside to experiment and learn firsthand how our product performs. You prioritize your connection with nature and celebrate others doing the same.
You are passionate about committing to bold objectives both personally and professionally, and work closely with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in providing coaching on people experience, guest experience, and business needs. You take the initiative, have strong assessment skills, and seek out and offer relevant feedback as you celebrate achievements within the store. You recognize that we create a better world, together.
As an Arc’teryx Store Lead, here’s what you’d be doing:
- Leading in alignment with the Arc’teryx Vision, Purpose and Values
- Supporting the entire in-store experience during your shift, with an acute awareness of what’s happening on the sales floor at any given moment
- Supporting product guides in delivering a world-class guest experience through authentically sharing technical product knowledge
- Championing floor leadership and exceptional guest experience by leading from the floor 5 days of the week
- Supporting the oversight and leadership of the floor which includes the five pillars of the business (experience, product, community operations and people)
- Building community by actively sharing brand information and event specifics with the team and guests, ensuring each individual feels invited to join in
- Coaching and providing feedback to product guides to unlock their potential and support the store in reaching targets
- Supporting inventory management throughout the day to maximize sell-through, including receiving, processing, restocking and destocking, and visual merchandising
- Communicating all company initiatives, policies, and priorities to the team in collaboration with, or as required by, the Store Manager
- Leveraging all necessary tools to manage the store business operations in overseeing sales targets, labor and budget management
- Networking with potential partners to support events and to help maximize brand engagement in the community
- Managing the opening and closing procedures for the store, as designed by the company and leadership team
- Answering store phones and responding to voicemails and store emails; on occasion, this could include responding on the Regional social media channels
- Rotating through areas of focus to deep dive into each of the five pillars of the business
- Utilizing the Point of Sale system to accurately and efficiently process guest transactions including warranties, Used Gear trade-ins, purchases, and returns
Are you our next Store Lead?
- You have one or more years of leadership experience, and 1 – 2 years of retail experience
- You are excited by the opportunity of unlocking someone’s potential, and coaching others comes naturally
- You have a passion for customer service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests; because of your enthusiasm, others are eager to join you and follow your lead
- You seek and offer relevant feedback, coaching and development in the moment
- You are comfortable adhering to and enforcing health and safety guidelines at all times
- You have proven ability to set a clear vision, align your team around common goals and foster commitment to these objectives
- You have strong time management skills and can prioritize and adapt to daily business needs in the moment, giving feedback and direction when needed
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- You have strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs (in partnership with the Regional Manager), and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December until the end of the holiday season, to be defined each year based in part on the time period guests are permitted to return holiday merchandise, on an annual basis.
- You are fully accountable for and oversee the execution of all deliverables on the Store Lead Role and Responsibilities document, and you perform the role responsibilities of the Product Guide as needed
- Under the direction of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
Full Time 30 – 40 hours per week (five days a week)
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.