Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Director, Human Resources- APAC, you will lead our strategic partnership with country and regional Arc’teryx leadership. You will work withcountry and regional partners to co-design and implement a new HR operating model to ensure the long-term success of Arc’teryx. You will drive business outcomes through the application of people programs and initiatives that align with our long-term business strategy.
You will provide strategic guidance and expertise in organizational design, performance management, workforce planning, and change leadership to drive employee engagement and success at the individual, team, and business level.
As a trusted coach and partner to our APAC leadership team, you will enable ongoing leadership development across the country and region through your team’s partnership with their respective functional portfolios.
This role is based out of our shared Arc’teryx office in Tokyo, Japan. Candidates must be eligible to work in Japan. Ability to travel as needed throughout the APAC region, to include South Korea, Japan, and China is required.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Human Resources team operates in strategic partnership with the business, driving the continuous evolution of people and leadership practices and fostering a culture that generates high performance teams, strengths-based coaching, and values-based leadership.
You will build and lead a team of HR Business Partners, Learning and Development Partners, Total Rewards Partners, Talent Acquisition, and Employee ExperiencePartners in their ongoing partnership with the business and in the application of thoughtful, intentional, and innovative people practices.
If you were the Director, Human Resources` – APAC, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Partnering with our leaders across the business and overseeing the creation and implementation of our people strategywithin the APAC region in alignment with our long-term global business strategy
- Providing ongoing strategic guidance and coaching to our executive leadership team
- Partnering with the Talent Acquisition team to deliver strategic talent and support in building regionalized strategies for APAC talent
- Building out our Human Resources framework and support structure for the APAC region
- Leading a team of functional HR partners in providing exceptional support on people, culture, and organizational topics across your portfolio
- Building and implementing a sound HR operations framework to enable the smooth execution of our people initiatives and partnership with the business
- Partnering with the Total Rewards team to inform our evolving total rewards strategy based on business needs, and to ensure the successful implementation and communication of total rewards initiatives across your portfolio
- Implementingand deploying people initiatives within the regionto include the Arc’teryx performance framework, including performance management, talent assessment, and succession planning
- Providing strategic guidance on organizational design and structure across the business, partnering with the executive leadership team to design high performing teams that will meet our evolving business needs
- Driving engagement, trust, and performance across the business through sound change leadership and through your team’s day-to-day partnership with our people
- Overseeing our workforce planning process, identifying gaps between our current and future competency requirements, and ensuring we have a strategic people resourcing plan in place to meet long-term business objectives for your portfolio
- Operating as the senior member of the HRteam to drive cross-functional P&C initiatives within the APAC region
Are you our next Director, Human Resources – APAC?
- You have a degree in Business, Human Resources Management or equivalent
- You have 8+ years of solid, complex, and professional level HR experience within the APAC region and in the apparel or the outdoor industry, including 5+ years in a leadership capacity
- You have previous experience working for a global company and a proven ability to quickly build an understanding of a complex global business model
- You are strategic and solutions focused with a simple and practical approach when executing
- You are committed to developing and driving a service excellence culture
- You have superior coaching skills and are experienced in coaching senior leaders
- You are great at influencing through strong relationships, expertise, and data and can manage a complex group of stakeholders
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with an approachable personality
- You have strong presentation and communication skills
- You have effective project management skills with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- You have excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- You have a strong ability to remain objective and exercise good judgment, decision making, diplomacy and discretion
- You maintain confidentiality and deal appropriately with sensitive issues
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.