Assistant Store Manager (full-time, permanent)
Bentall Centre, Kingston-upon-Thames, London
Do you want to join one of our exceptional management teams and help drive consumer experience in one of our stores?
We’re looking for a passionate Assistant Store Manager to join our Timberland team based in Bentall Centre, Kingston upon Thames.
As an Assistant Store Manager your input will be vital in supporting your Store Manager, helping contribute to the success of your store.
Timberland is part of the VF family. VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose: to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Let’s talk about the role!
We believe that our Assistant Store Managers have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation but empower our people to take responsibility at store level.
How you’ll make a difference
We expect that our Assistant Store Managers help deliver a memorable retail experience by:
- Driving sales and profitability in synergy with your Store Manager
- Motivating, mentoring, and coaching sales associates
- Assisting your Store Manager in implementing our established retail processes whilst looking for ways to improve them
- Staying on top of core retail operational procedures such as inventory, P&L etc
- Reporting performance metrics and demonstrate your understanding of KPIs to improve your store results
- Making sure your store looks great, in line with the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Providing cover in the store manager’s absence
What makes you the perfect Assistant Store Manager?
- You love interacting with customers. You set a great example for the rest of the team with your hands-on mentality, enthusiasm, and passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience.
- You are not afraid to take the initiative where your Store Manager is absent. That’s the sign of a great Assistant Store Manager!
- You know how to play a part in creating a great team who share your passion and vision to make every shopping experience outstanding. You take pride in mentoring employees, seeing them grow and having fun too!
- You have experience in opening and closing a store, helping to lead and motivate a team and leading from the front to maximise sales and boost productivity
- You have excellent written and verbal communication in English (another language is a plus but not necessary)
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office and different POS systems
- You are flexible when it comes to working weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary
On top of this, we expect that you will live and demonstrate our Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s in it for you?
We offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Most companies say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Along with this you will have:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- Tailored training. From an induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training sessions, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally
Free to Be
We strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful applicants for the interview stage.
Die weltweit bekannte Marke Timberland ist stets bestrebt Qualitätsprodukte zu entwerfen, die dich sowohl in deinen Abenteuern wie auch im alltäglichen Stadtleben begleiten. Die Rede ist hier von einem weltweiten Vorreiter, der neben Schuhwaren und Kleidung auch Accessoires auf hohem qualitativen Niveau vertreibt, wobei eine umweltfreundliche Abwicklung, die internen Werte und die soziale Verantwortung des Unternehmens eine bedeutende Rolle spielen.