Reports to: Operations Manager
Kildare Village Outlet, Kildare, Ireland
Start date : April 2024
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a talented Store Manager to join our Columbia Retail team in Kildare Village Outlet, Ireland.
You will join a diverse and dynamic European Retail team spread across 7 countries.
As a Store Manager, your contribution is essential to ensure store success and team success. Thus, your main mission will be to guarantee the profitability and customer satisfaction of your store, as well as leading, inspiring and developing your staff.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide all customers with an excellent service giving advice on our products to elevate the consumer experience, using our Customer Service best practices.
- Lead, inspire and develop your store team. Staff management such as hiring, training, and performance evaluation (in collaboration with Retail Management and HR).
- Ensure goals are achieved thanks to your leadership and coaching skills. Hold daily meetings to inform staff on goals progression.
- Be responsible for the store operating budget and feedback the Retail Management team with all store reporting’s, data analysis, and sales results on a regular basis.
- Think outside the box to boost store traffic and hit financial targets.
- Ensure store is adequately staffed thanks to your planning and organizational skills.
- Ensure the store is looking great by displaying our products in accordance with corporate VM guidelines.
- Maintain positive work environment and communication with all level of management and staff.
- Ensure company’s policies & procedures are followed and suggest improvements.
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL?
- Graduated with a High school degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ store management experience.
- Good knowledge of country’s official language. Professional level of English is required.
- You love working with your team and bring excellent interpersonal skills
- Gifted at coaching, mentoring and training staff
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving attitude.
- Able to build a high performing team willing to undertake challenges
- You are an outdoor enthusiastic and love to share your passion!
- Available to work on flexible schedule, including Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays
WHY JOINING US?
You will have the opportunity to work for a company that has a positive impact on the people we reach, the places we touch, and the products we make. Indeed, one of our core values is to do the right thing, not just for our company, but also for our consumers, customers, employees and their communities.
On top of that, you will have the chance to:
- Build new skills, develop your potential, and grow within our company.
- Join an inclusive employer where diversity and equity lead to creativity and empowerment.
- Be part of a company that focus on your wellbeing to ensure that you can be your best self.
- Travel around Europe for seminars or staff event and expend your professional network.
- Benefit from special staff discount on our all products.
Ready to join Columbia? Together, let’s unlock the outdoor for everyone!
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.