As a key member of VF Corporation’s Corporate Communication team, this role is responsible for planning, managing and executing internal and external communication strategies, programs and tactics designed to increase the VF awareness in the EMEA region, shape and protect the company reputation, and support the company’s business goals through communications.
Develop and execute internal communications plans and programs that support near-term business priorities and long-term growth objectives, partnering with functional teams, especially with HR, to generate effective content and build effective channels for overall employee engagement and communication needs. Manage and coordinate the media relations activity and the PR agencies network in Europe to drive VF awareness and reputation and positively position VF towards the relevant stakeholders, working in partnership with the VF global communications team and the VF’s brands PR teams in EMEA. Cultivate and maintain direct relationships with key media contacts at national, regional and local outlets, and business and trade industry media. Proactively propose and execute pitch story ideas to deliver VF’s stories. Work in partnership with the global Corporate Affairs team members to align and drive holistic corporate messaging and programs. Manage and source appropriate third-party vendors and agencies for communications support. Measure the impact and value of communications activities and to provide regular updates to leadership, and to adjust communications strategies accordingly for maximum impact. Other duties and projects as assigned.
* Education: Master’s degree in journalism or communications with a thorough understanding of communications principles and best practices.
* Experience: 8-10 years of progressively responsible communications experience, preferably in Corporate Communications – Internal communications, International Media Relations, and Social Media management.
* Technical skills: Excellent copywriting and editorial skills (writing, editing, proofing) in English. Fluent in AP Style.Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience with social media management (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
* Language skills: Native/fluent English and Italian in writing and speaking
* Other: Business and financial acumen is key. Superior project management skills. Possess a positive, can-do attitude and ability to provide excellent client service.
About VF Corporation
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories. Our highly diversified portfolio of brands spans multiple geographies, product categories, consumer demographics and sales channels. VF relies on its Powerful Brands, Powerful Platforms, One VF approach to business to support its brands, maintain its competitive edge and drives a winning company culture.