We are seeking a data engineer with skills to play a critical role in developing our Big Data Analytics Platform. if you are tech-passionate with self-confidence looking for a new opportunity, we offer an excellent position in the Digital Technology team within VF.
We are looking for a candidate with a very good understanding of Big Data Solution with current experience as a developer/engineer. Main responsibility is to work side by side with the other team member to develop and deliver efficient big data solution. Understanding of agile methodology is a mandatory skill.
The successful candidate will also partner closely with technical experts – including, but not limited to Architects – in defining reusable patterns, developing code standards/guidelines, and creating a review process that ensures quality across the development pipeline.
* Evaluate and recommend key technology elements for the Analytics platform
* Collaborate with AWS Solution Architects to ensure the technical direction
* Development of big data pipeline
* Work in a team with other data engineer to release deliverable for the business
* Participate in an Agile squad (scrum team),
Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Lead Engineer, Solution Architects, Service team, DevOps Engineers, Operations Personnel, Business Owners
* 3+ years overall software development in Big Data
* Previous experience as a Software Engineer/Big Data Engineer
* Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence or similar tracking and management tools
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and complete manner
* Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative attitude
* Ability to prioritization task based on a sense of urgency and accuracy
* Development and support of performance pipelines
* Consolidation of different sources of data (API, SQL Database, CSV, S3 and FTP files etc) into a centralized data store.
* Agile development of Data Lake / Data Warehouse and ETL / EMR (Glue, Hadoop, Spark, YARN, HUE, REST APIs, HIVE).
* Redshift and BigQuery as data warehouse system.
* Experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle or DB2..) and SQL/DDL Language, and NoSQL (DynamoDB)
* Development of message queue driven systems (Amazon SQS, SNS and Lambda based functions)
* Development of streaming system (ie: Kinesis Stream, Kinesis Firehose)
* Python development, PySpark development
* Lambda development in Python, Node
* Ability to perform code review and technical design review.
* AWS Knowledge is mandatory
About VF Corporation
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories. Our highly diversified portfolio of brands spans multiple geographies, product categories, consumer demographics and sales channels. VF relies on its Powerful Brands, Powerful Platforms, One VF approach to business to support its brands, maintain its competitive edge and drives a winning company culture.