For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
Vans Sales Director Role
Directs revenue and contribution. Is responsible for the disciplined marketplace management of designated area. Leads the overall seasonal GTM strategy as well as directs the LTP in these markets.
Identifies and quantifies growth opportunities and makes sure resources are appropriately allocated. A Team builder coaching directly the CSM’s and indirectly the bigger sales teams on the ground: leads by example.
* Plan, control and direct activities of the country teams to hit all different financial sales target (seasonal prebook, monthly shipping, quarterly and yearly net sales).
* Lead country sales managers to plan and monitor tightly local T&E budgets and Samples recovery process.
* Sign off on sales forecasts done by the countries for use in budgeting, planning, production and control of inventories.
* Ensure market analysis of respective countries are done, in order to establish pricing strategy and quantify opportunities.
* Lead and ensure yearly account contracts are in place, keeping general Brand guidelines and EMEA standard terms and conditions.
* Monitor together with Credit Department financial stability and payment discipline of accounts.
* Collaborate with Customer Service and influence where needed to make sure that monthly landing is maximized.
* Coaching and managing the Country Sales Managers in-line with the yearly and seasonal GTM objectives.
* Set yearly objectives and track performance through ongoing feedback and monthly sessions. Run year end appraisal. Reward strong performers and addresses any issues accordingly to our VF values and principles and code of conduct.
* Identify critical roles and talent and prepare succession planning accordingly.
* Share and elevate a strong knowledge of Retailers, Consumers for the Action Sports and Lifestyle industry in the respective countries / area.
* Locally cascade our Brand Strategic choices (OGSTM) through a regional Strategic plan for his/ her area holistically, to make the brand a dominant player in the Area.
* Make sure all local employees understand the vision and his / her direct contribution.
* Master Marketplace Strategy processes and principles and Sales Efficiency model to deliver qualitative results are achieved accordingly.
* Leads and guides a structured selling process together with Country Sales Manager and look for cross country improvements and learnings.
* Makes sure company procedures and sales conditions are respected.
* Recommends changes when needed to improve efficiency and commercial leadership.
* Suggest ways to further evolve sales tools, sample sets coordination, and tools (e-catalogue, B2B, reporting…).
* Define EDI customers to further improve business profitability for selected KA through monitoring sell through and replenishment of best sellers. Work closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the investments.
* Establish and maintain top level contact with the management of existing and potential customers/ partners.
* Lead segmentation and differentiation strategy within the current and for future distribution building the base for sustainable growth.
* BA or BS degree in sales (Apparel or Industrial) or related field
* +7 years relevant and progressive experience in Sales management and team management
* Fluent in English, any additional foreign languages would be considered as a plus
“Off The Wall “since 1966, Vans® is the original action sports brand. Vans promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the House of Vans