For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”. The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively. At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
With the goal of bringing financially sound, brand-right assortments to market, the Marketplace Merchandiser Vans EMEA will be responsible for supporting the merchandising Go-to-Market process for the Vans EMEA Local Markets.
Utilizing brand and product strategies, this merchant will provide the proper support for driving segmented product ranges across the Vans EMEA marketplace to meet consumer needs.
What will you do?
* Support merchandising Go-To-Market process from brief to sell-in, coordinating calendar and workflow for merchandising deliverables.
* Support the implementation of seasonal as well as long-term strategies to drive consumer-right assortments in the marketplace.
* Work within the cross-functional teams and executing Go-To-Market plans that drive adoption in key brand strategies.
* Create/aggregate necessary sell-in and sell-out re-caps to build financially sound account-level merchandising and assortment plans.
What you need to succeed?
* Bachelor or Master’s degree.
* 1/3 years’ experience as Merchant.
* Good understanding of the marketplace and regional differences across consumer and channels of distribution.
* Ability to work in a complex matrix.
* Comfortable with decision-making and taking ownership.
* Fluency in retail math and financial KPIs.
* Process-oriented thinker who can help create and define new processes.
* Superior interpersonal skills and ability to influence areas outside of direct control.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Proficient in English (spoken and written). An additional European language will be considered a plus.
* Availability to travel.
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand.
* Join a multi brand, multi countries organization to drive you career forward.
* International, fun yet challenging working culture.
“Off The Wall “since 1966, Vans® is the original action sports brand. Vans promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the House of Vans