For over 50 years Vans has been about the people that have made the brand “Off The Wall”.
The people that chose this simple canvas shoe and adopted it to express themselves creatively.
At the end of the day it’s not only about the product, it’s what those products mean that make the difference – what they mean to those of us who design, manufacture, and market them, and what they mean to you, our Vans family, who affix our personality to your own.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for merchandise planning including all inventory management and trading activities.
* Set standards of trading and inventory management processes and deliver best practices.
* Work alongside Zalando Category team to bridge capability needs to operate weekly trading requirements.
* Evaluate and develop trading opportunities (tools, pilots) proposed by Zalando (e.g.: Zalando Direct).
* Proactively propose continuous improvements in trading processes and tools in collaboration with Zalando counterpart to reach excellence of trading and inventory management execution.
* Lead VF brands merch planners’ team in Berlin ensuring they apply best practices and implementation of the defined processes.
* Optimise team’s way of working by contributing in setting up new processes, tools and report.
* Ensure VF planning team in Berlin have the required support from Zalando counterpart.
* Maximising relationships with Zalando teams and ensure close collaboration with Zalando key stakeholders.
What you need to succeed?
* 5+ years’ experience in a brand sales, business planning, merchandising planning or equivalent role.
* Strong Analytical Skills.
* Relevant Merchandise Planning Experience within a fast-paced retail business, ideally a multi-branded eCommerce retailer.
* Capability of influencing multiple stakeholders effectively.
* Deep understanding of the challenges related to fashion eComm business.
* Strong interpersonal skills and cooperative working style.
* Ability to communicate fluently and clearly in English (both written and spoken).
* Excellent computer literacy (MS Office, especially Excel).
What’s in it for you?
* Play a key role within an iconic lifestyle brand
* Join a global multi brand organisation and drive your career forward
* International, fun and challenging working culture
“Off The Wall “since 1966, Vans® is the original action sports brand. Vans promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the House of Vans