This entry-level position manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales, customer service, recruiting, training, profits, and maintaining store standards. Supervises and manages all store personnel, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Maintains effective corporate office business partner relationships.
The Store Manager will have the total overall responsibility for the Store. He/She should manage the store to a high standard, maximising profit performance by achieving sales targets within budgeted expenses and ensure that excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
* Achieve all personal targets.
* Daily monitoring of schedules and payroll, sales goals, inventory and accounting, office supplies and reconciliation of any over and shorts.
* Be the main motivator in terms of staff training, ensuring that staff work well as a team.
* Train all members of staff in order to comply with Company policies/procedures and service standards. Ensure employees understand product features and benefits.
* Develop and implement a suitable internal communications strategy to ensure all staff are aware of new Company policies/procedures.
* Establish a strong working relationship with Visual Merchandising Manager and Visual Merchandiser to ensure product merchandising standards are maintained.
* Implement seasonal layout changes in store and adapt as necessary throughout the season.
* Arrange comprehensive work rotas covering holidays and sickness. Monitor employee attendance.
* Monitor and maintain the housekeeping standards on the sales floor and in the stock room.
* Have thorough knowledge of stock and all aspects of running the store from till operation to stock replenishment including petty cash purchases. Replenish merchandise through buyers at headquarters.
* Plan, co-ordinate and implement community based promotions on a regular basis.
* Ensure correct and accurate operations in POS, warranty, inventory (physical and perpetual), accounting, security, shipping and receiving and policies/procedures.
* Recruit suitably competent staff in compliance with agreed Company policy.
* Responsible for carrying out all staff appraisals and counselling/disciplinary procedures.
* Responsible for ensuring all Health & Safety requirements are carried out and maintained, ensuring that the store is operated as a safe working area.
* Observe all Company procedures with regard to securing the premises.
* Ensure all Company administration is kept up to date and that relevant information is passed on to Head Office and Calverton Service Centre on time. Maintain a daily incoming document log and communication binder.
* Conduct a monthly staff meeting, communicate central information, product development and policies/procedures.
* Conduct a daily store meeting each morning to communicate the days objectives.
* Compile and forward weekly and monthly reports to Head Office.
* Comply with all policies and procedures.
* Any other duties as assigned to the Job Holder within the Job Holder’s capabilities.
Subordinates: assistant store manager, shop employees
Location: Veneto, Italy
“Off The Wall “since 1966, Vans® is the original action sports brand. Vans promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the House of Vans