Founded in 1973, Timberland is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong.
Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting — nature. At the heart of the Timberland® brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies, with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
To learn more about Timberland, and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better, visit one of our stores, timberland.com or follow us @timberland.
Let’s talk about the role!
Working in the European Multi Channel Operations team of Timberland, the Sales Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis and reporting of sales related data in an ongoing effort of increasing overall sales productivity. The Sales Analyst will be an integral link between the headquarter and the local sales organizations as well as the marketing, product, customer service and supply chain departments. He/she will help ensure that all the necessary reports, information and processes are in place for the successful achievement of business and sales plans.
The Sales Analyst will create and manage both standardized & custom reports, conduct quantitative product & sales analysis, provide support for sales campaigns, actions and promotions, and assess future needs and data quality. He/she must develop standardized tools, methodologies and business processes aimed at improving operational efficiency.
The ideal candidate should be highly analytical and have a good understanding of business process and sales strategies for a fast paced, growing and international company in an industry such as sporting goods or fashion. Timberland is looking for a detail oriented experienced person who can manage and prioritize his/her own workload, enjoys working on a wide variety of projects, is service-minded and able to interact and communicate with stakeholders at all levels and in all departments and can adapt quickly to shifting goals and priorities.
* Support management and sales force with regular and ad hoc business analysis and reporting
* Ensure data quality, data accuracy and timely and targeted reports
* Provide support for sales forecasting, strategic planning, account planning and other sales management processes
* Coordinate and provide support for sales campaign setup and execution and order entry tools (Mobimedia, B2B)
* Participate in key projects (service account model, trade terms, new Business Intelligence reporting system, etc).
* Support the development and improvement of sales processes, policies and procedures
* Develop and manage scheduled and recurring reports to senior management and sales force (preseason, reorders, returns, cancellations, shipments, etc.)
* Provide distribution analysis and maintain and improve the customer classification information in the systems
* Coordinate reports with other department (marketing, customer service, credit): Support with creation of the requested reports
Our Guiding Principles:
Live with Integrity – Be authentic and do the right thing, always | Act Courageously –Think and act boldly | Be Curious – Explore the world, learn and evolve | Act with Empathy – Seek to understand and respect others | Persevere – Persist and work together as One VF.
How you’ll make a difference…
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Education: University Degree or equivalent, preferably in Statistics, Economics or Finance
* Language skills: Excellent communication skills in English
* Experience: 2-5 years experience in similar sales analysis role and / or in sales operations environment
* Technical Skills: Highly proficient in MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, expert Excel user)
* Solid knowledge of report building and analysis tools
* Solid knowledge of ERP and CRM systems
* SAP is a plus
* Highly analytical and strong problem solving skills;
* Strong data management skills and must be highly comfortable with working with digital tools and large sets of information;
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience;
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment;
* Ability to co-ordinate and execute simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size, scope and importance;
* Ability to plan his/her own work, prioritize workload and meet deadlines;
* Ability to capture and document business and reporting requirements from multiple sources;
* Strong work ethic with attention to detail and follow-up and a high degree of professionalism and customer focus.
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!).
And we offer the same. Only different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
WE INSPIRE AND EQUIP THE WORLD TO STEP OUTSIDE, WORK TOGETHER AND MAKE IT BETTER
TO LEARN MORE:
Visit vfc.com, timberland.com or follow us on LinkedIn
Timberland ®’s dedication to make quality products is bringing outdoor adventures within your city lifestyle. A global leader in premium-quality footwear, apparel and accessories that is equally committed to environmental and social responsibility