Within the Product Creation Team, we are looking for an outstanding Product Developer to join our Timberland team , based in Stabio.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature. At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world. Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholder s.
What will you do?
As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland you will develop apparel, for the designated product category, ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction, the global business needs, regional sourcing capabilities and quality standards.
* Work in close partnership with Designer and PM on the designated category and drive the review of new styles, proving guidance to deliver cost targets aligned with style details and related construction.
* Be accountable to meet style FOB targets, ensuring Timberland quality and fit standards are executed while adopting structured methods and processes to improve workflow.
* Build efficient interaction with the Fit and Tech specialist to improve level of execution and alignment across product categories.
* Translate designs into full specification packages with accurate technical details, bill of materials, construction details, size specs and grade rules
* Proactively offering suggestions for improved construction, aesthetics and manufacturing enhancements.
* Support the Development Manager to plan and track development schedule of all assigned products to ensure timely completion.
* Develop strong relation with Regional Sourcing teams and work together with vendors to ensure all products meet required standards.
* Ensure all key global deadlines are upheld.
* Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations.
What you need to succeed?
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Design (Apparel), Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 2-5 years experience in Product Development and/or Technical Services in a medium or large sized apparel company.
* Must have a track record in assisting in the product development of designated category, implementing efficient procedures to meet calendar and development goals Solid knowledge in garment construction and live model fitting.
* Proficient PC skills (MS package, Adobe Illustrator).
* Excellent attention to details.
* Aptitude for systems and systematic work.
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
* Strong interactive skills.
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of iconic lifestyle brands.
* Join a multi brand and multi countries organization to drive you career forward.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives.
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands.
* Subsidized canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks.
Timberland ®’s dedication to make quality products is bringing outdoor adventures within your city lifestyle. A global leader in premium-quality footwear, apparel and accessories that is equally committed to environmental and social responsibility