Timberland is looking for an exceptional eCommerce Buying and Go to Market Manager to join our eCommerce Trading & Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The eCommerce Buying and Go to Market Manager will drive the merchandising and go-to-market strategies to secure sales and profitable growth for Timberland EMEA own & operated online shop serving 14+ European countries.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of eCommerce Trading & Merchandising EMEA you will play a pivotal role in steering and implementing the transformation towards a Consumer Minded, Retail Centric and Hyper Digital business model in alignment with the overarching evolved VF Strategy.
In partnership with eCommerce Merchandise Planning, eCommerce trading, regional merchandising and marketing functions you will be a key player in the development of the eCommerce go-to-market strategy through buying, digital merchandising experience and commercial calendar definition in alignment with the overarching brand vision.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will own the development of the merchandising strategy for the channel through pre-season planning while ensuring the in-season digital merchandising execution, browsing, and purchasing experience optimization through:
* Long range planning: Collaborating with eCommerce planning lead to jointly define and maintain the merchandising long-range financial planning, open to buy budgeting, in-season merchandise re-forecast to ultimately deliver upon the expected top & bottom line targets
* Merchandise planning & buying: Owning the merchandise planning and buying process for the channel’s implementation of seasonal assortments architecture in alignment with long range plans and respecting given OTB investments
* Forecasting and demand signals: Partnering with Product Merchandising function to timely and efficiently share the channels trends enriching the central forecasting process while also managing the forecasting tools to secure that demand signals are timely shared across the organization
* Go-to-market initiatives: Coordinating the definition of the go-to-market strategies for the seasonal assortments (including new launches) by partnering with digital marketing, UX and Technology teams
* Activation Calendar: Supporting the definition of the overarching commercial calendar with dedicated assortment briefs to maximize brand initiatives as well as specific trading & retail events (mid/end of season sales, cyber week, back to school, earth/labour days, etc.)
* Visual merchandising guidelines: Underpinning the definition of on-line product sorting guidelines leveraging technology solution and focusing on conversion rate optimization.
* Personalization and Micro-conversion opportunities: Championing the development of the digital merchandising experience focusing on trading & consumer engagement KPIs optimization through algorithm-driven personalization across content, product sorting, onsite search and product recommendations.
Skills for Success
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements. That’s why:
* You have relevant Digital Merchandising experience with a proven track record in Buying and Planning within a fast-paced retail business, ideally a multi-brand eCommerce retailer
* You are highly performance driven and a result-oriented team player who can get things done
* You possess a high level of maturity in managing organizational complexity and effective communication, Strategic and operational decision-making
* You are an expert with main PIM (Product Information Management) tools
* You understand the fast-paced digital environment and merchandising success factors on digital platforms
* You are highly analytical and have experience with digital analytics tool (Google Analytics and/or Edited)
Our Guiding Principles
* Live with Integrity – Be authentic and do the right thing, always
* Act Courageously –Think and act boldly
* Be Curious – Explore the world, learn and evolve
* Act with Empathy – Seek to understand and respect others
* Persevere – Persist and work together as One VF
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
bFounded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Learn more about Timberland and share in our mission to step outside, work together and make it better.
We just have one question. Are you in?
Timberland ®’s dedication to make quality products is bringing outdoor adventures within your city lifestyle. A global leader in premium-quality footwear, apparel and accessories that is equally committed to environmental and social responsibility