We are looking for an outstanding Junior Product Developer to join our The North Face team in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
Let’s talk about the role!
This position represents an exciting opportunity to work within the Product Development and the Design team of the North Face. As a member of the team, you will be involved in assisting one or more Product Developers and Designers in their everyday responsibilities.
The ultimate goal of the Design and Development team is to develop and execute the most innovative, creative, technically advanced product, meeting company profit margins abd , ensuring TNF quality standards, suitability for end use and TNF’s consumer. Your role will be to assist the team in achieving these objectives.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Assisting the in-house Design team by creating mood boards
* Coloring and updating late requested styles
* Assisting the Development team by measuring SMU’s (Special Make UP products)
* Supporting the ‘Re-Fit’ project
* Posting BOM’s (Bill Of Materials) for the relevant buy dates
What you need to succeed?
* Preferably educated to degree level in a design, textile, manufacturing or engineering profession within the apparel industry
* Previous internships/placement in a similar field would be advantageous, but not necessary
* Excellent understanding of the English language especially in manufacturing and technical terms. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient knowledge in MS Office Software and Adobe Illustrator
* A strong passion for the Outdoors and Lifestyle is preferable as well as willingness to embrace all aspects of design and product development and to be confident to bring their knowledge from their own studies into this fun fast paced environment.
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of iconic lifestyle brands
* Join a multi brand and multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International and challenging working culture
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
About The North Face
The North Face® brand has grown from a single storefront to a respected global brand that generates over a billion dollars in annual sales in just over 40 years. Yet the fundamental mission remains unchanged: building the best gear for the outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places, and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration.