The Marketplace Merchandise Manager is responsible for supporting and executing the overall strategic direction for Strategic Accounts through product line management. Indeed, he/she will develop and lead the overall merchandising vision for respective business, create seasonal consumer right assortments and drives alignment internally and externally.
The role will also require a strong retail math background, as financials will be a critical component in building profitable assortments, increasing SKU efficiency and driving top line revenue growth.
In addition to the art and science of merchandising, will be responsible for having a finger on the pulse of the consumer to anticipate marketplace shifts and ensuring the ability to react quickly.
The Marketplace Merchandise Manager will be tasked with identifying key opportunities not only post booking deadlines but also after the assortments have landed at Strat Accounts/Retail. This hindsight will be leveraged in order to influence future assortment direction and to initiate Quick Term and Short Leadtime opportunities.
Building short and midterm strategic framework in concert with Product Merchandising & Sales Partners in EMEA. Key member of integrated account Teams and dotted line to Strat Account/DTC lead.
Will contribute by identifying key market trends and patterns within Strategic Accounts/DTC, building seasonal line plans, and being the link between product merchants and key account sales managers ensuring the line reflects the account’s business needs.
* Develop seasonal product merchandising plans by STRAT accounts
* Inform and support the strategic account merchandising strategy for the EMEA region.
* Brief the Account Specific SMUs into the EU Product Engine (but does not handles the Line Management)
* Drive a clear segmentation/differentiation strategy in cooperation with your channel counterparts.
* Influence Regional Merchants to build consumer relevant product & assortments that drive profitable revenue growth in Strat accounts/DTC
* Understand and analyze market trends, shifts, and downturns, and provide feedback to Merchandising, Sales, and Marketing teams to continuously improve product plans and Go to Market (GTM) process.
* Work closely with sales managers to learn key account business and build necessary relationships with account leadership, buyers, etc.
* Drive SKU efficiency on balance with long-term global product strategies.
* Evaluate current business and GTM processes to identify opportunities to include Strat account feedback.
* Attend key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentations, and trend/market research trips.
* Encourage and maintain a tight feedback loop amongst cross-functional partners. Understand and embrace industry, consumer, and culture, including our marketplace positioning.
* Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
* Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, and problem solving skills.
* Comfortable in self-starter environment.
* Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint/Keynote.
* Exercises strong interpersonal skills across internal and external partners.
* Ability to work in an open environment with product team and cross-functional partners.
* Computer proficiency including specific job-required applications.
* Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner.
About The North Face
The North Face® brand has grown from a single storefront to a respected global brand that generates over a billion dollars in annual sales in just over 40 years. Yet the fundamental mission remains unchanged: building the best gear for the outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places, and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration.