We are looking for an outstanding Junior Product Developer to join our The North Face team in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
Let’s talk about the role!
This position represents an exciting opportunity to work within the Product Development and the Design team of the North Face. As a member of the team, you will be involved in assisting one or more Product Developers and Designers in their everyday responsibilities.
The ultimate goal of the Design and Development team is to develop and execute the most innovative, creative, technically advanced product, meeting company profit margins abd , ensuring TNF quality standards, suitability for end use and TNF’s consumer. Your role will be to assist the team in achieving these objectives.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Creating mood boards and graphics
* Preparing BOMs and artwork documentation
* Working with EU vendors on new and carry over styles ensuring product quality and fit consistency
* Evaluating samples fit and print techniques
* Approving l/dips, following up print testing process
* Posting BOM’s (Bill Of Materials) for the relevant buy dates
* Working with sourcing and vendors ensuring timeline will meet Calendars
What you need to succeed?
* Preferably educated to degree level in a design, textile, manufacturing or engineering profession within the apparel industry
* Previous experiences in a similar field would be advantageous
* Excellent knowledge on print techniques
* Excellent understanding of the English language especially in manufacturing and technical terms. Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient knowledge in MS Office Software and Adobe Illustrator
* DDlines commitment and attention to details
* A strong passion for the Outdoors and Lifestyle is preferable as well as willingness to embrace all aspects of design and product development and to be confident to bring their knowledge from their own studies into this fun fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
* Be part of iconic lifestyle brands
* Join a multi brand and multi countries organization to drive you career forward
* International and challenging working culture
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
About The North Face
The North Face® brand has grown from a single storefront to a respected global brand that generates over a billion dollars in annual sales in just over 40 years. Yet the fundamental mission remains unchanged: building the best gear for the outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places, and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration.