Brief Summary You will be responsible to drive the overall performance for the European retail business across owned stores (full prices owned and outlets), working with the field teams to drive customer experience, operational consistency and excellence and to maximize growth and profitability
So, What are we looking for?!
We are looking for an awesome professional whom’s primary responsibility is to partner with Sr. Management and cross functional members of the DTC and BRAND teams to develop strategic initiatives and implement operational processes to guarantee an outstanding Retail customer experience, whilst also achieving departmental goals and supporting sustained store growth.
The Director will develop vision, strategy, store procedures etc. to guarantee a consistent and positive Customer Experience across retail channels including O&O and PSS, ultimately increasing sales and customers’ understand and engagement with the BRAND. The Director will also provide his team with the leadership to enable them to develop their professional competencies.
We expect that our Retail Operations Director EMEA delivers unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role :
THE NORTH FACE EXPERIENCE
* Defines the Customer Journey across our Retail channels and develops strategic plans and tactics to deliver enhanced and legendary customer value.
* Leads the DTC field Training function, with emphasis on deliver legendary service and engagement for our customers.
* Creates a “TNF Culture” within our store teams (through on boarding / training) that embodies the BRANDS and enhances the human-to-human interaction between the customer and staff.
* Develop, test & learn new Customer Experience projects with internal / external teams, ideally with omnichannel focus.
* Act as ‘gatekeeper’ for all projects that impact our final customer in store (O&O & PSS) to guarantee consistency in execution and customer experience.
PROFIT & PERFORMANCE
* Develop vision, strategy, procedures, reporting, etc. to guarantee a consistent and positive Customer Experience. Measurable in Store Sales increase, KPI enhancement and CEX (Customer Experience) targets
* Highlight innovative value, compelling differentiation across departments / channels to build benefits over time
* Centrally lead a “Store Profitability Task Force” for critically underperforming O&O and PSS stores and support these stores return to profitability.
* Support the transition of PSS from “Quantity” to “Quality Model”
* Collaborate with the Field Leadership Team to monitor, analyse, report and improve upon store management and associate incentive programs.
* Direct management of projects that involve retail store operations in partnership with Real Estate, VM, IT/GBT and other cross functional areas.
* Direct management of communication to the stores from the cross functional corporate team to balance workload, ensure projects are completed on time, and maintain focus on an exceptional brand experience.
* Develop the use of analytical tools to improve store reporting, metrics and performance (Voice of the Customer, weekly/monthly reports)
* Direct the management of retail policies and procedures and implements updates to meet the needs of the business and maintain compliance with VF benchmarks.
* Any other duties as they arise to support DTC growth and profitability
Extensive EMEA Travel (over 50% a week)
About The North Face
The North Face® brand has grown from a single storefront to a respected global brand that generates over a billion dollars in annual sales in just over 40 years. Yet the fundamental mission remains unchanged: building the best gear for the outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places, and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration.