We’re looking for an outstanding Junior Business Analyst to join our The North Face team for 6 months in Stabio.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom to try out innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a Junior Business Analyst your input will be key, being the primary data source for the Brand Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Team. He or she will be supporting the brand FP&A activities with specific focus on sales, margin and brand expenses related to the EMEA Wholesale business.
Brand Reporting, as per Brand/Corp requirements and guidelines and ad hoc analysis to support Brand/Corp decisions are essential in this role.
We expect that our Junior Business Analyst will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Analyse current and historical trends in key performance indicators including all areas including revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures for the Wholesale business
* Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
* Assist the periodic Financial forecasting process and yearly Budget process for sales, margin and brand costs for the Wholesale business
* Assist the yearly Long-range plan process for sales, margin and brand costs for the Wholesale business
* Assist the continuous development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Long range plan and Modelling tools
* Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
* Periodic Financial reports
* Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool (mainly Cognos) and Dashboard reports
* Maintain and develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
* Analyse complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
* Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
How you’ll make a difference…
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position:
* Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in finance, Accounting or Economics; Accounting degree/knowledge preferable
* Experience: preferably 1 year of experience within FP&A department preferably in a multinational environment under US GAAP or Audit/Financial advisory roles within a Big 4
* Language skills: Proficient in English, spoken as well as written
* Excellent knowledge of Excel and Power Point, proficient in SAP platform and Cognos.
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
The North Face: Dare to lead the world through Exploration.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counter culture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, protecting our planet, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
Our culture is born from the spirit of the Explorer and infuses everything we do. We love wild places. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
We take great pride in our ability to facilitate exploration for our employees and partners. By joining The North Face family, you will be offered the opportunity, tools and environments to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections. You will also be working on a team with a mission to protect our planet for generations to come.
The North Face is part of VF Corporation who guides powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
About The North Face
The North Face® brand has grown from a single storefront to a respected global brand that generates over a billion dollars in annual sales in just over 40 years. Yet the fundamental mission remains unchanged: building the best gear for the outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places, and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration.