We are looking for an outstanding Assistant Product Merchandiser to support the product process for the Performance Women Category to create best-in-class product and manage the EU product line through its full life cycle.
The selected candidate will work in close collaboration with the Product Merchandising Manager on Product performance (including sales and margin targets, product execution, and evaluation and implementation of new opportunities), as well as on assortments that deliver category plans KPI’s and logical line plans and visual line plans. (Product, price, color), keeping track of all product related systems we are using.
Let’s talk about the role!
We expect that our Assistant Product Merchandiser will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Support in briefing design, fabric and development on direction, line plan, product features and price positioning and ensure the timely execution of inline products
* Work together with product development and design during fit and costing reviews Work together with
* Keeping track of all product related systems we are using
* Support in managing SMS buy, line locks, Workbooks
Merchandising led approach
* Deliver channel segmentation and tiering and managing B2B file
* Deliver product with logical architecture. Product, price & color. Create separation without duplication.
* Deliver product to meet volume driver goals. Franchise key items. Classification attacks.
* Know the competition (innovations, materials, features / benefits, pricing architecture, best sellers)
* Trends. Know where the market is heading next (reference brands, products, materials, features / benefits, price)
* Gather and filter seasonal market feedback and input to for the current or future seasons.
* Drive cross-functional partnerships with forecasting, sales, retail and marketing during the Go-to-Market process
* Present at sales meeting and fairs
* Partner across functions to create a strong ‘1 Team’ culture of support, visibility and sharing.
How you’ll make a difference…
* You have a University degree, and at least 1 year’s experience in a Performance environment
* You are fluent in English
* You have strong skills in excel and powerpoint
* Knowledge on SAP and Enovia would be a plus
* You have a passion for outdoor activities
* You have a ‘Can do’ attitude
* You are detail oriented
* You are a strong communicator
* You are team oriented
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you! We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since this is our common language.
About The North Face
The North Face® brand has grown from a single storefront to a respected global brand that generates over a billion dollars in annual sales in just over 40 years. Yet the fundamental mission remains unchanged: building the best gear for the outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places, and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration.