DO YOU WANT TO LEAD OUR FOUNDATIONS IN CONTENT AND PRODUCT DATA MANAGEMENT ACROSS A HYPER-PERSONALIZED MULTI-CHANNEL CONSUMER EXPERIENCE AT SCALE?
JOIN US IN OUR FIRST TECH HUB IN ZARAGOZA (SPAIN)
We are looking for a Senior Director of Software Engineering to lead our Content and Product Data Management team at adidas worldwide. You will be part of a team focused on building and operating a high-throughput, fault-tolerant content and product platforms, as well as our future of personalization, pivoting towards real-time, AI-based experiences.
Those platforms should cover our different engagement channels: our Direct-to-Consumer web and mobile experiences, our digital partner experiences and our Wholesale digital interactions. All this, globally operating in more than 100 countries around the world and supporting a revenue of 9BN Euros towards 2025.
You should be capable to individually develop a team of engineers, architects and agile practitioners and support them when necessary. You will set team and strategy priorities and get results across boundaries accordingly to the product roadmap and technical objectives. You will ensure an inclusive work environment and manage the team’s performance in high demanding circumstances and under uncertainty.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Lead more than 100 engineers, architects and agile practitioners, which deliver in small teams using agile methodologies complex tech solutions:
- Our backend ecosystem is composed of more than 22000 microservices running on our Kubernetes clusters across our different Cloud regions.
- We have integrations with best in class SaaS solutions for Product Information Management (STIBO) and Content Management (Tridion, Strapi)
- We create, of course, custom services in Java (Spring) and NodeJS, as well as admin microfrontends for providing best-in-class content and product creation experiences for our business operations teams
- (Co-)Lead in partnership with your peer in Product Management a cross-functional team that is constantly delivering value to the business
- Lead and influence stakeholders to drive architecture improvements accordingly with security standards and best practices.
- Assess cross-functional technical solutions with a product-centered mindset.
- Maintain quality, set good development practices, and define standards that keep the focus on the right things.
- Implement a data-driven delivery process where we optimize for lead-time, with the right investment in features and technical debt.
- Help the teams solve challenges using innovative technologies and practices. Support our engineers and project/product managers all the way to the finish line (get things running in production and fulfilling the needs of real users).
- Collaborate with our Site Reliability Engineering teams for high-throughput sales in e-commerce platform, including the constant improvement of the platform.
- Establish and maintain best practices for operations in highly confidential environment with high value deliverables. Responsible to identify risk, within high-throughput sales events, communicate and mitigate with contingency plans and appropriate solution different scenarios of resolution.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Passion about Software and People
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Computer Science, Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English.
- At least 15-year experience in IT.
- 12 years of experience in relevant area, and at least 5 years of hands-on software engineering career.
- Experience with writing software (backend or full stack development in a microservice, multi-region environment) and leading engineering teams.
- Passion for eCommerce and a fast-paced environment. Love for solving complex technical problems at scale in an enterprise context.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate across stakeholders that span several functional areas, including designers, product owners, frontend/backend developers, DevOps, test engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Proven track record in eCommerce or other digital sales environments, working close to the consumer in agile delivery models.
- Successfully lead local market/function projects and programs.
- Working experience in start-up and corporate environments.
- Passion for code quality, clean code, architecture and testing practices.
- Passion for user experience & user interfaces.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented approach to building solutions that scale, but also solve business needs. Ability to be able to make trade-offs to focus on things that matter most to our consumers.
- Smart and proactive communicator, able to empathize with peers and direct reports alike.
- Agile mindset with focus on fast iteration and fail fast attitude (living in practice the think it, build it, ship it, tweak it mantra).
- Action-bias and pride for outstanding results.
- Experience living and/or working abroad is a plus.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER YOU
You will join us as a senior leader of our fastest-paced organization. Enriching our team and capabilities to even better push forward with more initiative to make adidas a better place. Together and individually we will use, contribute and release open source. You will be working in a flexible and family friendly environments. We have options for childcare, fitness, on site canteen, nice campus, and other benefits that you’ll love.
Filiale d’adidas Group, qui a pour mission d’être le leader mondial du marché des articles de sport avec les marques adidas, Reebok, Rockport et Taylor Made, adidas France distribue une gamme complète de produits liés à la pratique du sport / de la compétition et de produits influencés par le monde du sport mais s’inscrivant dans une optique de lifestyle et de streetwear.
Intégrer adidas c’est partager notre passion du sport et notre esprit d’équipe, aborder un marché en constante évolution, rejoindre une force internationale, bénéficier d’une mobilité interne dynamique favorisant l’évolution et la construction de nouveaux projets, mais aussi partager nos passions, nos réussites et nos valeurs.