OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
With over 430 retail stores worldwide, our associates are essential to our business. From ensuring product availability on the sales floor to creating eye-catching visual displays to addressing customer inquiries to running an efficient check out process, our associates create memorable customer experiences while simultaneously assisting the Store Leadership team support Columbia Sportswear Company’s mission of “Connecting Active People with Their Passions.”
As a Retail Associate II you will serve as a brand ambassador to provide exceptional customer service; contributing to the profitability and customer experience in the store. Within this role you will employ your natural problem solving and sales abilities to answer customer questions and make compelling product recommendations while supporting Columbia Sportswear Companies values to enhance customer service and teamwork. The Retail Associate II role is only used for Retail Associates who are in the Designated Key Holder Program.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to consumer questions or issues regarding product features, benefits and availability; engage with consumers to understand their needs and preferences (e.g., demonstrate and explain merchandise, make suggestions on suitable options for consumers etc.).
- Maintain store standards for visual merchandising, cleanliness, safety; retrieves merchandise from sales floor, stock room, or other inventory locations.
- Perform all required cash register transactions (e.g., sales, returns, exchanges, connecting consumer to loyalty program) efficiently and accurately.
- Contribute to store profitability by receiving, handling, replenishing and processing incoming and outgoing product flow in the stores accurately and efficiently
- Perform designated keyholder duties as needed which may include opening and closing store duties.
- No specific education required (High School Diploma or GED preferred)
- 2 (or less) years of experience in position or specialization
- Skill operating a Point of Sales (POS) system, other in-store computerized systems, and telephone
- Frequently in a more active environment (i.e., requires ability to constantly move about) that can be physical or strenuous in nature (frequently adjusting/moving items weighing up to 40 lbs.), may frequently use specialized equipment, may have exposure to dust and noise
- Occasionally requires the ability to work in place
- Ability to clearly communicate with others
- Availability to work a flexible, often changing retail schedule to support needs of the business which may change seasonally and in response to business trends or forecasts
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.