Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Production Merchandiser, Raw Materials, you partner with a team of highly qualified raw materials and supply planning professionals to achieve business objectives, collaborating across the Arc’teryx Hong Kong Sourcing Office and the Arc’teryx North Vancouver Headquarters.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Hong Kong.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Hong Kong Sourcing Office team is a cross functional group whose focus is on optimizing responsiveness to market with quality product, while driving towards cash flow and inventory targets.
We are a small but highly versatile team of problem solvers and process makers, driving collaborative partnership between Arc’teryx Headquarters, our vendors, and the Hong Kong Sourcing Office team. We support the building and execution of a sustainable global sourcing strategy that enables us to deliver exceptional product at the right place, with the right quality and cost, and on-time.
Is this job open to relocation? No
Will there be Visa support? No
Can this job be hired remote? No
If you were the Production Merchandiser, Raw Materials now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Supporting the Manager, Raw Materials to deliver best-in-class production performance through partnership with vendors
- Collaborating with all partners to refine data & analytics performance to support raw materials supply planning and supplier reporting needs
- Tracking bulk materials ready status to safeguard smooth and timely production execution (e.g. size set samples, top of production samples)
- Partnering with the vendors and cross-functional teams (e.g. Materials, Quality) to conduct problem solving and delay mitigation actions swiftly
- Monitoring raw material order statuses to ensure data integrity and visibility in systems (e.g. SAP)
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives throughout the production cycle
Are you our next Production Merchandiser, Raw Materials?
- You have a degree in Merchandising, Business Management or another related discipline, or the equivalent relevant experience
- You have 5+ years’ experience in apparel sourcing or merchandising
- You have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability topartner effectively with internal and external stakeholders of diverse cultural backgrounds
- You have expertise in negotiation and problem solving
- You are assertive and have a high level of self-initiative
- You are fluent in English and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook
- You have a knowledge of enterprise resource planning and product lifecycle management systems
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.