Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by effectively coordinating all Payroll and Benefits administration to ensure we are providing the best, most timely and accurate payroll, compensation, and benefits service to the organization that are aligned to our values
• Responsible for end to end execution of all EMEA payroll processes (11 countries), ensuring the accurate and timely payment of all salaries in Europe
• Point person for all payroll and benefits queries
• Partner with Finance team for payroll reconciliation (liability accounts) on a monthly and yearly basis according to the close schedule
• Perform the monthly payroll entries and reports during the close schedule
• Partner with Finance on any ad-hoc audits or reports that are payroll or tax related
• Ensure all payroll and benefits information for each team member across is accurately recorded and processed
• Responsible for managing and administrating all pension and insurance and manage relationship with providers
• Responsible for managing all company car benefits and tax in partnership with Finance
• Responsible for managing and administrating all leaves, including follow up on annual leave balances; when required, respond to the relevant requests in HR mailbox
• Provide ad hoc reporting on any payroll, tax, or benefits matter
• Support HR team during performance management process for all reward, compensation and benefits aspects and ensure accurate and timely administration
• Responsible for establishing very good relationships with all our payroll providers in all countries and ensure proper coordination and administration of all taxes and benefits matters
• Support creation and implementation of policies relating to payroll, compensation, and benefits; when needed, search for and create solutions for ad-hock payroll cases (independently or with support from external consultants and service providers)
• Support any mobility requirements as needed
• Support any European payroll provider change projects
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Human Resources or relevant studies,
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Dutch end-to-end payroll experience is strongly required, other European payroll (especially, but not only French) is highly preferred;
• Experience with or exposure to benefits operations needed (leaves, pension, car etc.)
• Experience with or exposure to payroll-related tax declaration needed
• Fluent English and Dutch is required (if not fluent Dutch, strong experience using Dutch for payroll related topics – is a must); Other European languages are a plus (French, German, Italian)
• Experience with Workday is an advantage
• Experience with vendor management is an advantage
• Excel proficiency required and general skills to learn new systems
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Excellent analytical capabilities, likes working with data and numbers
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, including organization, planning, and prioritization
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player with a calm, positive and professional attitude
Other important details:
• This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies
Founded in 1973, Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company based in Ventura, California. A certified B Corporation, Patagonia is in business to save our home planet. In a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. The company is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $104 million in grants and in-kind donations to date.
We’re always looking for motivated people to join us in our European offices or retail stores. We’re especially interested if you love spending as much time as possible in the mountains or the wild, feel more at home in a base camp or on the river than an office, and have a passion for something outside of yourself, whether for surfing or opera, climbing or gardening, skiing or community activism.
Learn more about who we are and apply to our positions via our website: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/eu-jobs.html