The Product Designer & Developer is responsible for executing the development process for soft goods and accessories products, from the initial concept, design and reviews, prototyping, production sampling, and into finished product at the manufacturer.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
– Design and develop original, innovative new products that combine function and aesthetics and reflect the brands design philosophy and standards
– Research, analyze and identify new trends and ideas
– Research materials and techniques
– Proactively follow the execution of all details from concept to a final product
– Create functional prototypes to verify design intent
– Develop technical drawings and data sheets
– Collaborate with Testing department to evaluate designs to applicable safety standards
– Provide constant support to Manufacturing, both by remote and on-site factory visits
– Review samples and clearly communicate changes to Manufacturing
– Degree in Product Design, Fashion Design or related field or equivalent experience
– 3 years’ experience designing and developing technical sport apparel and garments
– Knowledge of materials, manufacturing techniques and supply chain
– Experience building prototypes for testing and fitting
– CAD and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) skills
– Passion for outdoor sports (mountain biking, skiing, climbing, hiking, running, etc.)
– Passion for design and performance perfection
– Fluency in English
– Willingness to travel to Asia to support R&D and Manufacturing
About MET spa
At MET we pour all our energy into one thing and one thing only; creating the finest cycling helmets and garments. With a single-minded focus we create innovative products, unmatched in terms of performance, quality, safety and style.
Our Headquarters nestle between Lake Como and the hallowed peaks of the Italian Alps, a cycling mecca and our daily inspiration. Whilst there are many places that claim to be the spiritual home of cycling, few have a chapel and patron saint dedicated to the sport like our Madonna Del Ghisallo. It’s here in the mountains that we design and test all our products, on the road, on the trails and at our in-house technical research facility.
It’s no coincidence that the MET brand has always been associated with the values that define its Alpine heritage: efficiency, attention to detail, performance, a refined aesthetic and sustainable development. Our Italian roots are evident in all we do.