Department: EMEA – Marketing
Reports to: Director, Marketing- EMEA
Location: Garching, Germany
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Manager, Brand Experience – EMEA, you will be responsible for managing best-in-class guest facing brand lead events and experience for Arc’teryx. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, EMEA this role will be focused on developing and executing owned and sponsored events, including the Arc’teryx Academy events throughout Europe as well as other brand moments where we invite our Arc’teryx guest community to experience the brand directly. In this role you will drive the experience-based marketing strategy throughout Europe in conjunction with cross functional leaders in EMEA Marketing and with global stakeholders.
This role is primarily based out of our Garching office, near Munich and is open to hybrid remote work. Candidates must be eligible to work in Germany.
Meet Your Future Team:
The EMEA Brand Experience team connects guests to the most purposeful and unfiltered expression of the brand: experiences in the EMEA region. As the leader of the Brand Experience Team, you will oversee all events and related marketing activations for Arc’teryx in EMEA while working closely with the Community team, Brand Communications, Marketing Operations, Retail & Trade Marketing in EMEA, in tight connection with Athletes team management, as well as with the global Brand team in HQ.
If you were the Manager, Brand Experience – EMEA, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Building Arc’teryx’s Brand Experience strategy for the EMEA region
- Managing, developing, and executing the Arc’teryx Academies throughout EMEA
- including partnerships management, fundraising, event content development, and coordination with other regional and global marketing teams
- Managing all Arc’teryx sponsored consumer events, from grassroots level to global stage
- Planning, executing, delivering brand experience moments both physical and digital
- Overseeing digital ecosystem of all events: events website, registration, transactions
- Leading the Brand Experience team – both internal staff and external contractors
- Partnering with external vendors, partners, sponsors, and guide companies to create the best customer experience
- Overseeing all marketing plans for events
- Liaising with cross functional partners across marketing, digital, retail to bring brand moments to life
- Managing the experience share of internal brand events, i.e.Staff events such as the EMEA Summit
- Working closely with Global Brand Marketing teams to identify opportunities and synergies across the business
- Owning and managing assigned budget
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Developing a long-term vision for Brand Experiences in the region, including Academies, global sponsored events, and Olympics
- Building a scalable event template for the expanding Arc’teryx Academy franchise in EMEA
- Investigating and developing partnership opportunities supporting the Brand’s awareness and rooting it in the core of the activities (ski/climb/run)
Are you our next Manager, Brand Experience – EMEA?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
- You have 7+ years of Brand Experience and events management, preferably within the outdoor industry
- You have 2+ years of experience operating as a people manager
- You live for awesome guest experiences
- You thrive in, and have demonstrated success in logistics and organizing events for large groups
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to deliver
- You are able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment with minimal supervision.
- You are highly motivated and energetic with great interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills
- You are experienced in working in a multi-cultural and cross-functional environment.
- You have a strong direct-to-consumer marketing knowledge and a deep understanding of the consumer journey
- You have exceptional presentation and communication skills in English (spoken and written), and you are proficient in another European language
- You have strong experience in budget management
- You have a passion for the Arc’teryx brand.
- You are able and willing to travel to events, equivalent to 20% of your working time. You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.