We’re looking for an outstanding Travel Retail Manager to join our Kipling team in Antwerp, Belgium.
Kipling is part of VF, the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands.
If you are an active lifestyler then you are probably very familiar with brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Napapjiri, Eastpak, Kipling and others. These are just some of the names we at VF produce and sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
Let’s talk about the role!
The main goal of the Travel Retail Manager is to market and achieve profitable growth, with existing and new Travel Retail operators in the EMEA region in line with the Kipling sales strategy. He/she will increase the Kipling awareness and availability at all EMEA airports and duty free locations. As part of the International Sales Team the Travel Retail Manager will work with selected Operators, to drive growth both sell in and sell out.
He/she builds on strong working relationships with our Travel Retail network and build a pipeline of qualified Travel Retail sales opportunities in EMEA region.
Under the supervision of the Global Travel Retail Sales Director you will negotiate plans and implement key initiatives that will drive volume, market share growth and profitability in line with the global sales and marketing strategy of Kipling.
You will have the analytical expertise to plan and measure success.
By joining our team, on a daily basis you will:
* Prepare and maintain the annual strategic plan for Travel Retail for both Sales and Marketing investments
* Develop new Travel Retail (Duty Free) Markets for Kipling and grow existing markets
* Analyze the Travel Retail market business and monitor the sales and brand strategy
* Revenue and gross margin accountability in your area of travel retail
* Identify challenges and opportunities, leverage resources and propose business solutions.
* Drive commercial agreement negotiations for all Travel Retail Accounts to maximize return
* Ensure that the availability of the product and the GTM approach is in line with the annual target, the market trends, launches/promotions and the main competitor’s activities.
* Work with marketing department to ensure that the Travel Retail Accounts can take full advantage of all marketing support
* Sales Campaigns: showroom meetings to present our new collections and discuss the TR strategy
* Order processing using our order entry tool
* You will work with key partners to optimize operational process and product curation.
* Responsible for Staff Training during field visits
Skills for succes:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Experience: 2-3 years experience in an international sales environment, preferably with a fashion / accessory brand. Previous exposure to Travel Retail is a plus.
* Language skills: English (speaking and writing) Speaking any extra language (French, German, Spanish,) is an advantage
* Strong analytical Skills: able to analyse KPI reports, turnover, stock reports and product forecast reports
* build strong partnerships: both internally (Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Credit Department) and exteranally with clients
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Able to work independently
* you bring joy to your work
* Ability to travel 30 % of your time
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
Our success story started in ‘87 in the heart of the fashion capital Antwerp (Belgium) with the iconic crinkled nylon bags. Today Kipling’s well-known bags and accessories are available around the world in 436 stores in 80 countries and can be found in more than 7500 shops including the best department-stores, and kipling.com.
We are on a mission, to live a vibrant and colorful life – to go places you never been before. We lighten your step, powering your curiosity, to go your own way. That’s why we inject all our creativity and out-of-the-box thinking into developing thoughtful designs with a casual coolness. Simply put, we design bags that inspire mobility and lighten your life. At Kipling our culture is driven by 4 values. We are determined. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Kipling® the global accessories brand embodies a carefree spirit by pioneering its trendy, functional, pop-up colors patterns. Kipling® collections make every day a little bit more joyful.