Outdoor is our passion. Whether in the mountains, the wilderness, in faraway countries or in the countryside on your doorstep, Jack Wolfskin offers all the products you need to make you feel right at home in the great outdoors, whatever the weather. Founded in 1981, we have become one of the leading providers of functional outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment.
With your help, we want to continue to stand out from the crowd as a brand for perfect outdoor equipment: customer-focused, friendly and with a passion for the great outdoors.
Join us as a Fabric Developer (m/f/d)
- Handle and manage development of fabric and technology concepts based on business requirement including fabric data library maintenance and quality testing & approval
- Work with suppliers to ensure that the required development timeline is maintained
- Obtain and assess price quotations with product engineering team
- Communication and interaction internally with all product functions and purchasing
- Optimization of the development process in close collaboration with relevant development functions
- Maintenance of inhouse product documentation of new fabric developments for sales and communication
- Collaboration on go-to-market concepts of new fabric developments and features
- Support in project related working groups
- Business travel for fabric sourcing, to fairs etc.
Your DNA for JACK WOLFSKIN:
- Degree in textile design, textile engineering, product management or similar with a minimum of 3-5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Good knowledge of production processes
- Technical product knowledge (especially on functional outdoor products)
- Experienced in assessing product quality and also the capabilities of vendors
- Good command of English both written and spoken, German language skills would be a plus
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office and a product management tool
- Organisational strength and good communicator
Take your future into your own hands.
You bring a lot of common sense and initiative into your job, you also seek solutions proactively within your daily business. In addition, you also have strong organizational and time management skills. If you have a passion for outdoor sports such as climbing, snowboarding or hiking, we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please submit your application in English and state your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
About Jack Wolfskin Ausrüstung für Draussen GmbH & Co. KGaA
Leave your footprint at Jack Wolfskin! What do you need to leave a footprint? That’s right, a firm footing! And that’s just what we give our employees, because they’re the ones who support our shared success. We can only stand out from the crowd as an innovative brand for perfect outdoor equipment when we stand together. Therefore, we not only need followers, but also pioneers – brave summiteers with a fine intuition for trends and comfort – for everything that we experience outdoors. We, at Jack Wolfskin, are offering you an exciting job opportunity in a continuously developing working environment with flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths and swift implementation. We offer plenty of scope for creativity and development, as well as the opportunity for self-development in an interdepartmental team. We have modern workstations in an open and relaxed working environment with a great campus which invites you to relax (loungers, relaxed seating and bbq area). You have flexible working hours, a comprehensive range of sports activities on offer, team events and company perks.