The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for implementing HR Policies and Procedures for the Division across assigned locations and will provide consultation to Retail Management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, training and development, and employee relations. The HRBP will effectively plan, design, develop and evaluate Human Resources related initiatives that support organisational strategic goals, while promoting a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with Company objectives. The HRBP will support the Division’s Management team with performance management and talent assessment as appropriate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, organise and facilitate Human Resources best practices and programmes to meet the strategic business needs in assigned locations.
- Direct the development and implementation of organisational development programmes such as succession planning, employee orientation and training programmes. Work with the associated Management Team on action plans, follow up and data analysis to evaluate impact and effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and ensure all markets are current and compliant with existing and new legislation.
- Provide guidance and education to relevant Management on legal implications of people issues related to recruitment, contracts, working practices, discipline, employee grievances and morale.
- Educate relevant Management on policies and good practices across all aspects of people management.
- Provide guidance to resolve employee dissatisfaction by evaluating and offering possible courses of action and direction for resolution.
- Assist in improving morale and increasing performance through implementation and management of company recognition programmes and initiatives.
- Work with partners to ensure effective recruiting strategies are in place and provide input on assessment of internal candidates.
- Provide leadership and support to the Management Team on policy interpretation and other employee related matters, including but not limited to performance management and internal investigations.
- Work with partners to improve turnover and increase retention through analysis of key data, succession plans, exit interviews and employee surveys.
- Recognise compliance issues and advise on solutions/good practices to address issues.
- Establish training on safety at the stores in line with local legal requirements.
- Review and evaluate terminations, corrective action, and performance management processes, exercising care that reasons are well documented and are not arbitrary or discriminatory.
- Monitor and review compensation and benefits guidelines and exceptions.
- Liaise with partners to assist in effective and accurate processing and administration of payroll as necessary.
- Work with legal advisors on conflict resolution and claims.
- Assist in the launch and review of the employee handbooks of the assigned countries.
- Manage other HR-Retail related projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified to the appropriate CIPD level.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-energy fast paced environment.
- Previous employee relations experience with working knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully at all levels with all levels of business.
- Computer literate, with a high knowledge in MS Office and similar packages.
- Ability to read, understand and execute HR related reports, policies and initiatives whilst maintaining partner confidence.
- Must and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective and productive working relationships within all locations and departments whilst acting with confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Ability to travel extensively in the area and other locations in Europe and the US based on business needs.
What you’ll get
- Full time permanent role working Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Product discount
- Group Personal Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or health conditions, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions as detailed above.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please click to apply, and visit about.skechers.com for more details on Skechers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are fully committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally and avoiding discrimination at work.