Department: EMEA – Service
Reports to:Senior Manager, Service – EMEA
Location: Garching bei München / Germany
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Guest Service Manager – EMEA, you will be supporting our overall direct to consumer strategies (DTC) by constantly improving guest service experiences, ranging from pre-purchase to fulfilment and post purchase interaction with our current and our future guests. Your consumer centric mind set together with your holistic skills across DTC customer service and related services and systems will help to drive brand engagement, conversion and repeat purchase. You will work cross-functionally with various departments both regional and global, including Director, Digital Commerce to improve our European ecommerce processes and overall efficiency.
This role is primarily based out of our Garching office, near Munich and is open to hybrid remote work. Candidates must be eligible to work in Germany.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Commercial EMEA team is accountable for delivering sales through all channels. We meet the guest where they are shopping and ensure Arc’teryx is represented consistently and at its best. As the retail landscape changes, we will work together to evolve our approach with creativity and teamwork. Together with the Global Guest Service Team you will be managing the day-to-day engagement with our external service providers for the EMEA Region; this includes very close collaboration with related services such as warehouse and fulfilment to ensure guest service excellence.
If you were the Guest Service Manager – EMEA now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Translating global brand Guest Service SLA and KPI standards into the Guest Service Framework for the EMEA region
- Creating guest service insights that allow capacity planning to avoid backlog and lagged response times
- Managing the engagement model with our external service provider; including reporting standards, recurring touch points and QBR’s
- Coordinating level 3 guest inquiries beyond external agents’ competences; this includes collaboration with the external payment gateway provider, warehousing and logistics, finance and fraud prevention, product, and brand
- Understanding the end-to-end e-commerce order-flow to identify friction and coordinate repair and improvement
- Collecting and identifying guest service improvement opportunities across the guest journey
- Supporting the implementation of new features, functionalities and tools enhancing service quality
- Owning the e-com product drop calendar and the inventory level status reporting for the region
- Working closely with the regional Arc’teryx teams; including Commercial, Digital Commerce, After Sales, Allocations, Marketing and Product to ensure alignment and improvement of processes
- Partnering with the teams at HQ; including Allocations, Guest Service, E-Com Operations, Sales Analysts, BI Team, After Sales, Information Services, Brand- and Product Marketing to translate guidance and share best practices for our region
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Driving the development of a mid and long-term guest service strategy, including new technology opportunities for the region
- Supporting the implementation and the roll out of a circularity program, enabling guests to purchase used and refurbished products (‘Re-Bird’)
- Creating benchmark studies and producing guest service roadmaps for pre- and post purchase touch points
Are you our next Guest Service Manager – EMEA?
- You have a University degree in a related field
- You have 5+ years of experience in a customer service-related role, including 2+ years at a management level. Outdoor industry background is an asset
- You have knowledge of Arc’teryx product and/or other outdoor related products is an additional benefit.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and with compassion, empathy and clarity, under pressure. with compassion, empathy, and clarity under pressure
- You are familiar with different systems, such as Magento, SAP Hana S4, Sales Force Service Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Narvar, ReverseLogix or similar
- You have strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- You have an excellent attention to detail
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- You have experience with Adobe Analytics, Power BI and other Analytical tools
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to these objectives
- You are a self-driven problem solver, always looking for a better way of getting things done
- You have experience working with remote team or across regional teams
- You communicate effectively with compassion, empathy, and clarity
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.