Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by managing e-Store of the eu.patagonia.com ecommerce site, making sure that commercial targets and growth KPIs are achieved in Patagonia way.
• Define, shape and implement a long-term e-commerce trading strategy to meet Patagonia’s eCommerce objectives engaging key stakeholders across all areas of the business
• Manage all aspects of day-to-day trading of eu.patagonia.com and own trading KPIs collaborating with other functions, like Merchandizing and Planning, Digital Marketing, eCommerce Operations & Customer Experience, Analytics, etc.
• Provide expertise on current e-Commerce industry best practice, with trading and conversion focus and translate these to strategies suitable to Patagonia’s approach to trading
• Own the trading calendar which details when and how targets are met and driving alignment with the Product, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Retail, Wholesale and local market teams
• Collaborate with the EMEA country offices to gain local insights and take these into account when building and applying a Pan-European strategy; facilitate the input from markets to localize customer experience in collaboration with Ecommerce Customer Experience team
• Work with the eCommerce Marketing Manager to optimize marketing tactics and align the marketing calendar, that generate incremental traffic to the store and to create deep engagement on the shopping and wider customer path
• Hire, lead and coach team to help achieve set goals and organizational strategies with the aim of achieving monthly and yearly targets in alignment with the other sales channels
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Degree in business, marketing, commerce or in a related field
• 7-10 years’ experience in eCommerce trading and/or a related area
• Fluent in English;
• Knowledge and experience with site management processes
• Knowledge of web optimization processes
• Deep understanding of eCommerce and trade concepts
• Strong strategic skills with the ability to implement plans
• Top notch analytical skills. Proficient in analyzing and interpreting the data to drive business decisions
• Very strong communications and influencing skills
• Proven ability to develop strategy while managing details of implementing and running the day-to-day of eCommerce trading
• Aptitude for working with web-based tools, like eCommerce platforms and others
• Ability and preference to work with a team in a collaborative environment
• Ability to work under pressure with challenging deadlines while maintaining data integrity and accuracy, and effective communication
• Excellent problem identification and escalation/reporting skills.
• Experience working with in an International business environment
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Fluency in in other European Languages (French, German and/or Italian)
• Experience with outdoor/technical brands
Other important details:
• This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For this role there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills.
• This is a shorter version of the job description. You can read the full outline of the job here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VJEeq8BykGDBB0Lid_kQuWetAFeAn4sp/view?usp=sharing
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies
Founded in 1973, Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company based in Ventura, California. A certified B Corporation, Patagonia is in business to save our home planet. In a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. The company is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $104 million in grants and in-kind donations to date.
We’re always looking for motivated people to join us in our European offices or retail stores. We’re especially interested if you love spending as much time as possible in the mountains or the wild, feel more at home in a base camp or on the river than an office, and have a passion for something outside of yourself, whether for surfing or opera, climbing or gardening, skiing or community activism.
Learn more about who we are and apply to our positions via our website: https://eu.patagonia.com/nl/en/eu-jobs.html