We’re looking for an outstanding Frontend Developer to join our VF and Eastpak eCommerce team in Antwerp.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our Developers have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom to try out innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
Let’s talk about the role!
As the lead Frontend Developer with Eastpak your technical expertise will be pivotal to interpreting graphic designs, using the art of programming to bring them to life and drive improvement to the overall user experience of our website
You will create UI/UX wireframes and coding for visual elements of the website as well as manage the technical implementation of graphic designs and content pages helping to define how the website looks and functions. You will become a key member of the eCommerce team fulfilling the following responsibilities:
* Developing front-end code to create functional and appealing mobile and web pages as well as reusable UX/UI components
* Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs within the eCommerce platform
* Implementing banners, content updates and e-marketing spot requests, utilizing responsive web design best practices
* Slicing, marking-up, and scripting interfaces and content on content managed, responsive web sites/systems that work flawlessly on desktop, tablet, phone, and other devices
* Maintaining graphic standards and branding during development process
* Supporting the design & development team in day-to-day website page development, testing, and editing need
How you’ll make a difference…
* You possess basic knowledge of common A/B Testing platforms (Monetate, Visual Website Optimizer, Google Experiments) and test dynamics with experience in CRO, UX design and prototyping
* You have the ability to work cross functionally within complex platforms, using Git, Jira and major collaboration tools
* You are familiar with software like Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator)
* You understand cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them as well as SEO principles and ensuring new web pages and code will adhere to them
* You have experience of developing for mobile devices and a strong understand of CMS and eCommerce platforms
* Experience with Magento Commerce is a plus
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing benefit structure and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Eastpak: Built to Resist
The Eastpak story began in 1952 as Eastern Canvas Products, making tough and durable bags for the US army. The 70s saw Eastpak worn by college kids, followed swiftly by the introduction of the iconic backpack, and by the late 90s Eastpak was known for its 30-year guarantee and had started introducing luggage into the mix. Today Eastpak offers street smart backpacks and travel gear, as well as exciting collaborations and product innovations.
The brand’s tagline ‘Built to Resist’ is carried through in the culture at Eastpak. Our values of Empowerment, Freedom, Creativity, Collaboration and Positive Resistance colour everything that we do and who we are as a team. We are a digital first brand with a drive to innovate and succeed.
Eastpak is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our Digital Family, then we would love to hear from you!
Eastpak® is a leading lifestyle brand for people who live, work and play in the city. Since 1952, Eastpak ensures commitment to quality on a range of stylish and functional backpacks, travel gear, and accessories, giving people the freedom to experience their world like never before. Eastpak forms part of the VF portfolio of international brands since 2000.