We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Design Manager to join The North Face, a VF Company to drive the Performance product within the EMEA Design Team, based in Stabio, Switzerland.
At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration. We were born to Explore. We were born to Disrupt. We were born to Lead.
What You Will Do
Working within the creative team, you will play a central role in creating newness and evolving existing ranges. You will be responsible for creatively driving the on-mountain / performance apparel collections while ensuring alignment with the brand seasonal direction, business needs and brand values.
You will be reporting to the EMEA Design Director, supporting their vision, and apply creative leadership and design skills to create market/brand relevant collections and guide the teams throughout the creative process.
You will partner closely with team members accountable on the same category (i.e.: Development, Merchandising & Marketing) and global counterparts.
- Be a central, hands-on member of the EMEA Product Team. Establishing design & product creation excellence and leading by example
- Manage a team of designers, plus freelancers and graphic agencies
- Drive a strong sustainability & circularity vision anchored around The North Face 2025 Sustainability Commitments.
- Ensure the team delivers against the seasonal calendar milestones, product timelines & seasonal objectives
- Research Performance, Outdoor & Sportswear trends and stay up to date on contemporary styles & trends
- Work in close partnership with Development Managers, Merchandise Managers and Global Design Counterparts
- Monitor product development to ensure style, fit, quality, detail requirements are addressed
- Work closely with Design Director to build seasonal concepts and colour strategy
- Address Target consumer, wearing occasions, market opportunities
- Internal and external collection presentations
- Create brand right/market-relevant product that meets expectations in terms of value and cost.
- Design new, trend-driven product as well as evolving successful items from the past
- Consider margin & price points to meet costing goals
- Research trends, fits, textiles and new technology
- Have a strong knowledge of pricing & fit and attend regular fitting & costing meetings
- Sketch new seasonal designs
How You'll Make A Difference…
We are looking for a passionate team player, who brings in creative and positive energy. The North Face design team is dynamic, strong and creative and we are looking for an inspiring person full of energy who will push The North Face forward.
- 5+ years experience in an Apparel Design role, with at least 2 years leading a team
- Excellent English communication & presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or (equivalent) in Apparel Design
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong understanding of apparel, the industry and trends
- A passion for leadership & positively developing a strong, creative team.
- An incredibly strong knowledge of the creative process, from conception through to launch.
- A clear ability to share & influence best working practices
- Passionate about sustainability & circularity
- Strong knowledge of knit, woven and outerwear product is essential
- Strong eye for trends in both an urban and outdoor environment
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and benefits program with a flexible, casual work environment
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of a company with iconic brands that operates in multiple countries
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- 50% discount on all VF brands
Love wild places
Dare to disrupt
Lead with integrity
By joining The North Face, you will help provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern-day explorer. You will also have the opportunity, tools and environment to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections.
The North Face fundamental mission remains unchanged since 1966:
Provide the best gear for our athletes and the modern day explorer, support the preservation of the outdoors, and inspire a global movement of exploration.