Business Title: Customs Clerk EMEA – Operations
Country/Location: Bornem, Belgium
Department: Customs department
Supervisor: Dirk Cools, Sr.Customs Manager EMEA – Operations
As main responsibility, the customs clerk handles all bonded warehouse data entry -mainly related to preferential origin- into our customs software solution (GTS).
He/she has to support monitoring VF’s generic EU customs mailbox and process all incoming mails, as well as all incoming regular mail, according procedure.
In this role, he/she will have to maintain contacts (both spoken & written) with inbound logistics & origin sourcing office teams (Asia, Latam & Europe)
Another main responsibility is the archiving of all administration/preferential origin certificates in a way which complies with current customs legislation and upon simple request pull the requested certificates out of the archive.
He/she will assist the Customs Specialist EMEA – operations on specific administrative and reporting tasks or any other customs projects and will from time to time prepare reports independently on request.
- Data input in the Customs Software solution (GTS)
- Organize and maintain a central archive of preferential origin certificates
- Assist & back-up during absence of the Customs Specialist EMEA – operations
Supervisor: Dirk Cools, Sr. Customs manager EMEA – operations
Direct Reports: none
Internal: inbound logistics and sourcing offices, Czech/NL/UK/BE customs team colleagues
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
- Education: A2 degree or equal through relevant experience
- Experience: minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative/data entry environment, basic customs knowledge is preferred but not essential.
- Language skills: Dutch & English (spoken & written)
- PC skills: Excel, Word, E-mail & internet
- Ability to work independently
- Working with & respecting strict due dates
- Logical thinking
About VF Corporation
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories. Our highly diversified portfolio of brands spans multiple geographies, product categories, consumer demographics and sales channels. VF relies on its Powerful Brands, Powerful Platforms, One VF approach to business to support its brands, maintain its competitive edge and drives a winning company culture.