At a Glance:
On has been known for its midsole geometry, but CloudTec® also heavily relies on On’s proprietary compounds such as Helion and Zero Gravity. We are currently looking for a Compound Engineer who will be based in Ho Chi Minh City and working with the Zurich counterpart to drive compound innovation development from Vietnam. The Compound Engineer will be responsible for making sure that any compounds going into production will meet the physical requirements and are completely validated to give our shoes the performance that On customers have come to expect. This would be done through working on the ground, directly with compounders, injection suppliers and mold makers.
On’s Material Science team is responsible for inventing new polymers, new compounds and new foaming processes and push the boundaries of material science. This team is defined by out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-driven technology that differentiates On’s footwear from all other footwear products in the market. By joining the Material Science team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of footwear engineering and polymer science.
- Invent and implement new innovative compounds for midsole and outsole by using novel materials and ingredients with a focus on performance and sustainability.
- Push the boundaries of supercritical foaming (autoclave and injection supercritical foaming).
- Validate all new compounds which have been approved to go into production by evaluating the feasibility of new compounds and associated topics – such as, logistics, supply chain, capacity, feasibility and cooperating with existing compound and injection partners to address any issues happening in current production and problem-solving to fix the issues.
- Work on the implementation of innovative bonding system with shoe factories.
- You have got at least 05 years' experience in sole compound development and bonding process setup for a brand or for a factory.
- You are an expert on IMEVA, CMEVA and rubber and different compounding methods.
- You thrive with autonomy and minimal guidance, and are confident enough to bring your own thoughts to the table and defend your ideas.
- Knowledge and experience in supercritical foaming (autoclave foaming and injection supercritical) is a plus.
- Knowledge on polymer mechanical/rheological behaviour.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is a plus.
- Fluent in spoken and written English as well as Vietnamese. Mandarin is a plus.
- Willing to travel among areas around HCMC and overseas (Switzerland, Korea, Taiwan, etc.).
- Sensitivity for sustainability and environment protection will be appreciated.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.