Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
In partnership with your Store Manager, you’ll develop and grow a team that delivers best in class guest experiences, building connections and committing to bold objectives both in-store and in our communities. You connect with customers to provide them the highest level of guest experience supported by a passionate, talented group of product guides. You are excited about creating a brand experience and developing a team in alignment with the Arc’teryx Vision, Purpose, and Values.
You are product-obsessed and seek any chance to get outside to experiment and learn firsthand how our product performs. You inspire those around you with your commitment to education and sharing product knowledge. You celebrate the connection with nature that others possess and aim to prioritize doing the same. This enthusiasm for our brand, product, and values inspires your team, which in turn elevates the guest experience, creating space for everyone to find their Outer Peace.
You value moments to reflect and celebrate achievements, and you nurture leadership development opportunities within your business to ensure the highest level of engagement for your team, and with a core focus on guest and team engagement you inherently drive profitability. You have personal and professional goals that you are keen to pursue, and you give this same attention to your team and the business. You recognize that we create a better world, together.
As an Arc’teryx Assistant Store Manager, here’s what you’d be doing:
- Leading a team in alignment with the Arc’teryx Vision, Purpose and Values
- Leading and supporting the oversight and leadership of the floor which includes the five pillars of the business (experience, product, community operations and people),
- Supporting and leading the training and coaching of a high performing team through the lens of the Arc’teryx Guest Journey and our commitment to best-in-class guest experience
- Leading by example, coaching in the moment, and empowering the team to self-lead through all development plans and training opportunities provided by Arc’teryx and your leadership team
- Identifying and developing a store leadership talent pipeline in partnership with your Store Manager
- Overseeing the entire employee experience from onboarding through offboarding (hiring, training, developing, performance management, and termination)
- Committing to, and delivering on, bold objectives both in store and in the community
- Building brand presence and guest loyalty by upholding our company’s mission and values
- Championing floor leadership and exceptional guest experience by leading from the floor 5 days of the week
- Empowering your team to use their best judgement in all guest service matters
- Supporting the Store Manager in all store operations, with areas of focus assigned by the Store Manager in alignment with the needs of the business
- Collaborating with the Store Manager and Community Marketing Manager to execute store events that support the company mission, drive traffic, and increase community involvement
- Partnering with the Store Manager to evaluate team needs on a quarterly basis to ensure staffing and team development are supporting the business both now and for the future
- Collaborating with the Store Manager and Community Marketing Manager to execute store events that support the community mission, drive traffic, and increase community involvement
Are you our next Assistant Store Manager?
- You have 2-3 years of leadership and retail management experience
- You have dynamic leadership skills with the ability to recruit, hire, train, lead, motivate, retain and develop future leaders
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously evolve to achieve great results
- You have a passion for service and delivering an exceptional experience for guests
- Proven financial acumen to include budgeting and forecasting sales, gross margin, expense control and net profit
- You have proven ability to set a clear vision, align your team around common goals and foster commitment to these objectives
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You seek the best (not necessarily the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for leading is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- Ability to communicate effectively via written and verbal avenues
- Excellent time management and problem-solving ability
- Efficient with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Excel, etc)
- Ability to lift up to 14kg
- All employees’ availability must reflect the needs of the business, which may change from time to time. The Store Manager determines the availability needs (in partnership with the Regional Manager), and this schedule could include a combination of shift times, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- All employees are expected to be available to work “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and from the second week of December until the end of the holiday season, to be defined each year based in part on the time period guests are permitted to return holiday merchandise, on an annual basis
- You comfortably perform the responsibilities of the Product Guide and Lead as needed
Hours: Full Time 40 hours per week (five days a week)
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.