Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As the Manager, EMEA Brand Communications, you will oversee all brand communications activities for EMEA and proactively develop the Paid media, PR and influencer strategies for the region. You will leverage all relevant brand assets through all media channels (Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned) and actively penetrate both existing and emerging markets by positioning Arc’teryx products and stories in full alignment with the global consumer marketing strategy. You are a skilled communications expert, and your ability to think outside the box will help grow the EMEA market share by increasing brand consideration and improving both internal and external communication.
This is a temporary position with a duration of 12 months.
Meet Your Future Team:
The EMEA Marketing team to which you belong, is aiming at developing and implementing brand marketing strategy across all consumer touchpoints in the region, in full alignment with the global brand strategy. The team is focused on consumer acquisition and retention across retail, wholesale and ecom channels. Eventually, we are all striving to deliver best-in-class guest experience and grow the brand reach in Europe.
If you were the Manager, EMEA Brand Communications now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
· Develop an EMEA communications strategy in alignment with the global consumer marketing strategy and regional business goals
· Develop a PR strategy and related programs around stories and product seeding, press and media events, manage all assigned PR agencies and related budgets
· Analyze and value EMEA PR coverage, using appropriate media monitoring tools
· Develop a Paid Media strategy in alignment with key initiatives and target groups, to drive demand in key markets / epicenters, managing the EMEA digital agency accordingly and related budgets
· Analyze seasonally Paid Media performance, setting up the appropriate KPI’s
· Build and scale EMEA influencer-based advocacy programs in key epicenters and markets
· Leverage all relevant brand assets through all media channels (Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned): product, athletes, corporate, consumer events, channel and retail marketing programs
· Create and implement content marketing plans for EMEA by identifying brand assets-based stories to be leveraged regionally, and globally when required.
· Build and deliver 360° promotion plans for Tier 1 and 2 owned consumer events in EMEA
· Deliver quarterly ‘EMEA fireside chats’ with EMEA GM and leadership from HQ
· Support company-wide communication with EMEA-specific content
· Providing messaging, issues, and crisis support to regional leadership and other misc. corporate communications activities as required
· Pitch back global digital, social, creative teams on regional best practices regarding media and other relevant tactical assets
· Coordinate the localization of brand assets, including translation and production
· Support cross-functionally key accounts coop advertising programs when required
· Support the localization and promotion of brand stores openings in EMEA, working closely with the retail marketing team
· Develop and implement EMEA crisis management protocols with guidance from global HQ
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
· Become a people’s manager with the possible addition of two new headcounts in your team.
· Grow the brand regional social footprint and build-up the related social marketing strategy.
· Accelerate the consumers acquisition through enhanced Paid, Earned, Shared and Owned media tactics
Are you our next Manager, EMEA Brand Communications?
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with 5-7 years in a communications / media role with experience in a fast paced, results-driven working environment.
· You have superior verbal and written communication skills in English coupled with other European languages (preferably German or French)
· You understand the diversity and cultural complexity of European markets, you are switched on the latest media and social trends and consumer behaviors.
· You have worked in industries in contact with youth lifestyle / millennials audiences.
· You have a proven track record in communications management, public relations planning and in executing detailed public relations strategies
· You have superior verbal and written communication skills coupled with other European languages (preferably German or French).
· You have a keen eye for emerging communications and digital social trends, a passion for the outdoors and an enthusiastic approach to evolving and improving existing brand awareness strategies
· You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to these objectives
· You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
· You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
· You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
· You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
· You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
· Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
ARC’TERYX was founded in Vancouver, BC, Canada in 1991, where it maintains its Worldwide Head Office, design studios, and main manufacturing facilities.
Driven by innovation, ARC’TERYX was founded to build better gear. We didn’t just focus on incremental advancements, but on radically improving the status quo. We began with climbing harnesses and then proceeded to tackle packs and apparel with the same single-minded obsession for creating the lightest, best performing, and highest quality products available. To realize our vision we’ve created groundbreaking new construction technology, developed paradigm-shifting designs and harnessed major fabric technology developments.
The resulting deluge of recognition, and mimicry, has cemented our reputation at the pinnacle of the outdoor world. Our designers strive not to better the competition, but to challenge assumptions about how outdoor products should be built. Their visionary thinking is fused with our proprietary construction processes and our unrivalled craftsmanship to create the best outdoor gear made. Regardless of product, by selecting our brand you’re insured that your ARC’TERYX product will be one of the most innovative and superbly crafted packs, harnesses or mountain apparel pieces available.
As the next season arrives, we continue to raise the bar for the industry by introducing superior advancements in fit and fabrics, and revising and developing new products. A concentrated mountain core quests for new horizons, and we work feverishly to supply innovative solutions. We refine, tailor and hone until revolutions emerge. Intrinsically linked with the future, we passionately stoke this evolution in action.