At a Glance:
We are excited to offer the position of Accountant in Japan to an entrepreneurial member of our growing APAC team. On is the fasted running brand globally. Our success is based on the exclusive collaboration with the
best sports stores and a premium service concept. On wants to inspire runners all over APAC. As a Swiss company On acts faster, is more customized, and more creative than conventional brands.
As you might expect from a sports brand with running at its core, the APAC team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You’ll be part of the APAC Finance team and co-working with a group of highly motivated individuals. The shared goal? Efficient growth at high speed- what else?
This role is based in Yokohama, Japan.
- Processes together with your team independently your daily business tasks for all Japan direct markets: Ensure vendor expenses and staff reimbursements are reviewed and processed accurately and on time.
- Provide support and be back up of AR function which includes collection and dunning procedures, handle customer’s finance-related requests, work closely with our internal sales teams and report to management, manage credit limits and risky debtors, develop relationship with centrally regulated customers, etc.
- Process monthly GL entries and perform month end reconciliations
- Actively challenge and contribute to automatization of our global processes and tools supporting our activities in AR/AP/finance
- Contribute to exciting ad hoc tasks and projects in an emerging finance environment (e.g. process improvements, EDI interfaces, new market entries, process automatization, tools & system implementations, etc.)
- Support members of the global accounting team on specific topics – especially during month-/year-end closing
- Support tax accountant on year-end tax filing
- A strong educational background and proven work experience in accounting/finance
- A self-driven personality with strong attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
- The ability of easily multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing between multiple tasks
- Experience with D365FO desirable
- Interest in learning and developing further within a highly skilled organization
- Motivation to be part of building up state-of-the-art accounting function
- Fluency in Japanese and English both written and spoken
What we offer:
On is a young Swiss sports company based in Zurich, Portland (Oregon) and Yokohama (Japan). It has one simple mission: make running fun. A team of sports scientists, world-class athletes and designers spearheads this notion.
On develops and markets running shoes that are winning technology and design distinctions all over the world. World Champions and elite athletes win medals in On. More than 100 athletes were in On shoes at the recent Rio Olympics.
On’s ingenious CloudTec® sole is patented worldwide. Six years after market launch, On is available from more than 2’500 specialist running stores in 50 countries in Europe, North America, South America and Asia-Pacific. On has become the fastest growing running shoe brand worldwide.
On’s amazing story has been featured on Bloomberg and Fox Business News, in Forbes, Wall Street Journal, ESPN Magazine, The Independent, The Guardian, Die Zeit, NZZ, Wallpaper Magazine, Monocle, GQ, Men’s Health, Runner’s World and many others.