For the right person, this is a dream job. VICIS has developed the most innovative helmet ever for American football, the ZERO1, and has received top-ratings from the leading independent labs. The business leader will lead the charge to make VICIS a leading provider of protective technology for Rugby globally. This is a high responsibility, high growth leadership position in a company positioned to be a leader in its space.
Lead sales, marketing, and product strategy for Rugby. Drive plans and direct execution of product and channel marketing and define sales programs in support of VICIS and its overall business goals.
· Strategic Planning – Drive category strategic planning process, setting 3-5 year vision as well as quarterly and yearly operating plans.
· Product Leadership – Drive VICIS innovation agenda and new product timeline that enable the company to take the lead in Rugby globally.
· Functional Leadership – Lead the Rugby team, identifying and growing outstanding team members.
· Innovation Leadership – Drive innovation at all levels in all functions; encourage risk taking.
· Results Orientation – Set realistic, motivating goals and deliver them.
· Relationship Orientation – Develop industry relationships at the highest levels of the game, including recruitment of brand ambassadors and establishment of connections with governing bodies.
· Consumer Identity – Clearly identify customer and buyer personas and develop and execute product and channel strategies that directly create demand.
· Team – Work across boundaries, motivating and collaborating effectively with operations, R&D, finance, and other company functions to drive success.
· Global Experience – Know launch and labeling requirements for sporting goods in Rugby markets.
· Channel Development – Take products to market via direct and distribution channels in US and OUS markets.
· Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
· 7-10 years business experience in a consumer product environment
· Proven track record in creating successful product and channel strategies to support launches
· Proven relationships in the sports market globally
· Ability to create data-driven marketing programs and execute them in a matrixed sales organization
· Deep experience with marketing and enterprise systems (Salesforce CRM, SAP by Design)
· A demonstrated marketer, but with an operational focus – understands the importance of operationally executable plans
· Successful track record in forecasting and demand planning in both direct and indirect channel environments
· Ability to recruit, assess, and draw top talent to an organization