This position will assist with specific projects within the functional area such as, research, compiling data, collection, evaluation and distribution of data/information, calendar alerts, presentation preparation, etc.
Junior Data Scientist Intern – 6 months contract
We’re looking for an outstanding Junior Data Scientist Intern to join our Central Data & Analytics team in Stabio.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom to try out innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a Junior Data Scientist Intern your input will be key. You will assist with specific projects within the functional area such as, research, compiling data, collection, evaluation and distribution of data/information, calendar alerts, presentation preparation, etc.
The candidate will join the Central Data & Analytics team to support VF brands key Direct-To-Consumer strategic projects
Reporting to a team Data Scientist, the Junior Data Scientist will be responsible for:
* Support the Data Science product lifecycle management: Data Mining, Data Cleaning, Data Exploration, Feature engineering, Predictive modelling
* Run ad hoc data extract and data transformation across different data source
* Run preliminary explorative analysis to identify trends, patterns and correlations
* Support creation of data dictionary and data classification
* Exposure to Data Visualization and Business intelligence tools and creation of reporting across different domain and big data set
* Extensive exposure to different Data processing and data Science technologies such as: Python, SQL, Hive, R
* Analytics Tracks: Marketing, Demand forecast, Consumer Lifecycle management, Pricing & Stock Optimization, Channel performances
How you’ll make a difference…
* You have a Master’s degree in Physics or Mathematical engineering, Statistics or Math
* You have had academic exposure to at least one of the following programming languages for Machine learning (R, Phyton) and statistical analysis (SaS, Matlab, SPSS, Stata)
* You have a fundamental knowledge of SQL
* You have a strong analytical approach and you are at ease with manipulating large data set
* You have a proven passion for self-learning and for following up-to-date trends in Machine Learning, Data Science and IoT fields
* You are fluent in English
What’s in it for you?
Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why we offer much more than a regular internship:
* 6 months paid internship with possibility to extension of another 6 months
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
À propos de VF Corporation
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories. Our highly diversified portfolio of brands spans multiple geographies, product categories, consumer demographics and sales channels. VF relies on its Powerful Brands, Powerful Platforms, One VF approach to business to support its brands, maintain its competitive edge and drives a winning company culture.