“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
As the Strategic Account Director for Vans you will be accountable for developing a mutual and beneficial long-term partnership with our digital strategic key accounts. In full collaboration with your peers, you lead and coach a dedicated cross functional team and together, deliver on brand and financial goals in line with our overall EMEA strategies and financial plans.
Strategic planning: (10%)
* Lead strategic key account teams to develop a 1-3-year strategic account plan based on the EMEA Strategic priorities (channel and account focus) making sure all departments and countries are aware and aligned with the plans to support them.
* Measure & track success thru scorecard metric to be implemented/evolved.
Forecasting and targeting: (5%)
* Develop the strategic accounts FY and seasonal sales targets/forecasts based on the FY revenue budget and country Feedback (Bottom up and down approach) working in conjunction with finance, sales operations and Sr Director sales.
* Monitor business progress by tracking seasonal pre- orders participating to weekly calls and appropriate meetings.
Manage the business: (50%)
* Implement and nurture profitability in the way we manage our accounts (P & L in place with profitability goals in place).
* Meet digital accounts and drive strategic meetings business review processes to create sustainable plans and mutual beneficial partnership.
* Work with your accounts to support sustainable way of achieving goals supported by a clear market place strategy where differentiation and driving diversity are key.
* Channel product feedback and needs to appropriate product managers support the commercial briefing process.
* Lead and coordinate sales programs as well as various strategic account initiatives with your dedicated business planner in coordination with sales operation team.
* Support your dedicated CS team in order to manage the in-season business efficiently and in sync with plan.
Coaching and leading: (35%)
* Elevate our sales team professionalism by reaching industry standards in terms of account management (process, financial approach, PLM, menu of services). Lead the sales academy training program in order to have consultative trained strategic account and country sales managers and in facto sales force (work with VP sales).
* Work closely with country managers, operations, finance and marketing to keep the strategic accounts agenda (process, focus, support) as a priority.
* Participate to projects.
* Meet on weekly basis with Sr. Director sales on business progress.
What you need to succeed
* Passion for Vans and the lifestyle it represents.
* Strong experience in apparel/action sports industry (10 years work experience in Sales, with a minimum of 5/6 years Strategic Key Account Management).
* Strong insight and experience of the current digital marketplace.
* University Degree or equivalent, preferably in Business or Economics.
* Strong holistic view of business and have proven experience of working cross functionally.
* High energy and you need to be goal oriented and self-driven.
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
À propos de Vans
“Off The Wall “since 1966, Vans® is the original action sports brand. Vans promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the House of Vans