Assistant Store Manager
Grafton Street, Dublin
We’re looking for an outstanding Assistant Store Manager to join our Vans store in Grafton Street, Dublin.
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
If you are an active lifestyler then you are probably very familiar with brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Napapjiri, Kipling and others. These are just some of the names we at VF produce and sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
As an Assistant Store Manager your input will be key, supporting your manager and contributing to the success of the store.
Let’s talk about the role!
We believe that our assistant store managers have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation but empower our people to take responsibility at store level.
We expect that our Assistant Store Managers provide an exceptional customer service whilst also:
* Driving sales and profitability in synergies with your Store Manager
* Motivating, mentoring and coaching sales associates
* Implementing our established retail processes while looking for ways to improve them
* Staying on top of core retail operation procedures such as inventory, P&L etc
* Ensuring operational policies and procedures are respected
* Reporting performance metrics and understanding your KPIs to improve your store results
* Making your store look great, in line with the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
* Providing cover in the store manager’s absence
Our Assistant Store Managers play a key role in running a great store preparing for that next step up and thus leading their own team.
How you’ll make a difference…
* You have experience working in retail as an Assistant Manager or a Supervisor within a fashion or lifestyle brand
* You know how to build a high performing team and are a great coach, able to motivate people and contribute to creating a supportive, fun environment
* You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. An additional language is a plus but not a requirement.
* You are proficient in the use of MS Office and different POS systems
* You are flexible when it comes to working weekends, evenings and holidays when necessary
What makes you the perfect Assistant Store Manager?
First of all, you LOVE interacting with customers. The joy of helping a customer find the perfect product is incredibly special and you get that. However sometimes, let’s face it, working in a store can be demanding. No problem for you, as you are a pro at handling stressful situations.
You set a great example for the rest of the team with your hands-on mentality, enthusiasm and passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience. In fact, you will thrive on transforming every customer into a Vans family member. Different customers need a different approach and you know how to deliver it!
You also know how to transmit that passion to your colleagues and help build a great team who share your mission to make every shopping experience outstanding. You take pride in seeing your sales associates grow and develop and you have the empathy, which enables you to resolve the occasional conflict and keep the team spirit intact.
You are also not afraid to use your initiative and your store manager trusts your judgement and knows that the store is in great hands when he or she is absent. That’s the sign of a great assistant store manager!
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* The opportunity to travel to conferences and network with other assistant store managers
And by the way, some of our other benefits include a contributory pension scheme, health benefits and much more!
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage.
À propos de Vans
“Off The Wall “since 1966, Vans® is the original action sports brand. Vans promotes the action sports lifestyle, youth culture and creative self-expression through the support of athletes, musicians and artists and through progressive events and platforms such as the House of Vans