We’re looking for an outstanding Material Specialist Trainee to join our The North Face team in Stabio.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
We believe that our associates have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation and provide the freedom to try out innovative solutions, drive change and ensure progress never stops.
Let’s talk about the role!
The Material Specialist Trainee will support the Material Manager in the execution and successful commercialization of innovative and functional Materials on a seasonal basis. The Intern would have responsibility to support Brand seasonal material developments, supporting communication to/from all counterparts to ensure successful and on time commercialization.
We expect that our trainee delivers unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Provide support to Material Manager to develop new and innovative materials for the brand.
* Understand Product/Material engine to anticipate problems and facilitate solutions that minimize sample and production delays.
* Support on execution of seasonal developments and communication with suppliers and regional offices.
* Understand QA Testing Lab requirements and facilitate the timely testing of raw materials.
* Ensure the Product Line Management (PLM) database is consistently updated and accurate.
* Provide material library support through organizing and maintenance of fabric library.
How you’ll make a difference…
* Degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Preferably a brief work experience in Apparel/Accessories business
* Understanding of design and development process from inception through production
* Knowledge of textile properties, testing, dyeing, finishing, manufacturing or other textile fundamentals
* Fluent English – spoken and written is mandatory.
* Organizational skills. Ability to access information accurately and readily when needed.
* Communication skills, both verbal and written – gives concise and focused information.
* Prioritization – analyze situation and manage priorities based on understanding of production cycle needs.
* Time management – ability to adhere to calendar deadlines and manage work flow accordingly.
* Proactive problem solving – ability to identify potential issues based on experience/expertise and or research and effectively minimize negative impact to product integrity/ timing / profitability.
* Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
* Team player
* Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing) Working Knowledge of Web PDM, PLM data management systems, or SAP is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why we offer much more than a regular internship:
* 6 months paid internship with possibility to extension of another 6 months
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* After one month, you will receive a discount card with 50% on all VF brands
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
À propos de The North Face
The North Face® en plein croissance, elle a créé nombreux magasin à partir de la création de la première boutique il y a 40 ans. La marque réalise plusieurs millions de dollars de vente. Sa mission fondamentale reste pareil tout au long de son historie : concevoir le meilleur équipement pour ceux qui adorent l’air libre et l’outdoor en soutenant la préservation des réserves naturelles. The North Face® est engagé à inspirer sa clientèle de la découverte de la nature.