Under broad supervision:
* Accountable for the profitable sales performance of a collection of products within a line of merchandise being sold through online e-commerce channels
* Utilize knowledge of customers’ demands and data to the selection, placement, promotion, and order fulfillment of products
* Lead and/or participate in cross-functional project teams comprised of marketing, creative, user experience, Web analytics, inventory management and supply chain
* Negotiate with external vendors and affiliate partners for products to be included in the overall line
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
*Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria
* Three to five years of related experience preferred
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Proficient PC skills
Knowledge & Application:
* Understands and applies the principles and practices in a recognized professional field requiring extensive academic preparation
* Likely to be newly professionally qualified in a specific field, or will have extensive experience in complex technical area
* Determines a course of action based on guidelines and modifies processes and methods as required
* Generally requires knowledge of company policies, practices, and procedures
* Resolves issues which are often varied and non-routine
* Uses previous experience to identify most appropriate option or improve existing approaches
* Problems likely to require clarification
* Undertakes analysis and investigation to solve differing, but related, problems
* Work is performed under general guidance and direction
* May require the initiation of contacts to resolve and discuss mutual problems or collaboration on procedures or transactions
* Conveys information to occasionally divergent audiences that may require some persuasion
* In some instances will need to convey information to audiences not knowledgeable of the subject matter
* Requires objective review of difficult work problems, obtaining cooperation or approval
* Understands and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization or recognized body of formal knowledge
* Impact is generally limited to short-term team performance, occasionally on medium-term goals
* Supports the achievement of goals through own personal effort
* Responsible for planning own work, assessing own progress, and adjusting efforts to meet goals
* Beginning to have more of a contributory impact on team performance
* Accountable for meeting own targets which impact the immediate work area
* Accountable for own targets which will typically be definable but not always financially measurable
* May help coordinate the work of junior members of the team
* Accountable for managing own impact on cost and profitability of the business
The North Face: Dare to lead the world through Exploration.
We’re looking for an outstanding eCommerce Merchandiser to join The North Face team in Ticino, Switzerland.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Let’s talk about the role!
As the eCommerce Merchandiser your role within The North Face is key to execute merchandising strategies that maximise sales, margin, inventory turnover, visual presentation and customer satisfaction whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Executing eCommerce go to market operations including maintaining the eCommerce digital catalogue.
* Focusing on catalogue creation, product flows, site maintenance and ensure data accuracy.
* Driving merchandising and sequencing with an eye for detail and colour as well as metric performance.
* Providing support with purchase orders and stock management activities – orders upload, replenishment upload, out of stock removal, etc.
* Monitoring Business weekly, monthly, and quarterly to report on KPIs, campaign success, inventory, product sales, top conversion paths, and merchandising.
* Working with various 3rd parties and a cross functional team to execute all site updates such as navigation and SEO optimisation.
How you’ll make a difference…
* You will be able to organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
* You are self motivated, flexible, and able to handle large volumes of work
* You must be detailed oriented working around multiple seasons.
* You have the ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus/benefit and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you have liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would love to hear from you!
About The North Face
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counter culture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, protecting our planet, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
Our culture is born from the spirit of the Explorer and infuses everything we do. We love wild places. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
We take great pride in our ability to facilitate exploration for our employees and partners. By joining The North Face family, you will be offered the opportunity, tools and environments to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections. You will also be working on a team with a mission to protect our planet for generations to come.
The North Face is part of VF Corporation who guides powerful brands that are fuelled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalise on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
À propos de The North Face
The North Face® en plein croissance, elle a créé nombreux magasin à partir de la création de la première boutique il y a 40 ans. La marque réalise plusieurs millions de dollars de vente. Sa mission fondamentale reste pareil tout au long de son historie : concevoir le meilleur équipement pour ceux qui adorent l’air libre et l’outdoor en soutenant la préservation des réserves naturelles. The North Face® est engagé à inspirer sa clientèle de la découverte de la nature.