Job Description: This role will lead and drive progress towards the Timberland S&R strategy around the 3 main pillars: Outdoors, Product, Community.
- Ensure S&R is an integrated part of Timberland Europe and VF International strategic plans
- Coordinate regularly with Timberland Corporate team in New Hampshire, US, to ensure alignment with Global S&R Strategy and overall brand vision
- Ensure accurate quarterly reporting on the S&R metrics for the EMEA regionCommunity Engagement / Employee Engagement:
- Manage community programs, donations and the brand’s annual grant program My Playgreen to improve the access to greenspaces and nature for children in Europe’s largest cities
- Be a community service champion and work closely with HR and the business units to inform, inspire and engage employees into Timberland’s Path of Service™
- Lead the European team of Global Stewards and equip them employees to progress the S&R agenda locally
- Work closely with and provide S&R support to the product teams – specifically the global apparel design team based out of the EU headquarter in Switzerland – to ensure the delivery of Timberland Environmental Product Standards (TEPS)
- Participate into Timberland’s Green Working Group
- Ensure the brand moves towards a more circular model and works closely with Retail to monitor the take back program Second ChanceSustainable Operations
- Identify operational efficiency opportunities to avoid waste, reduce energy consumption and shift to renewable power in alignment with VF’s corporate goals
- Align with Supply Chain on S&R related topics to prevent issues, manage risks and coordinate projects (Sourcing, Operations, Social Compliance, etc.)
- Promote opportunities for employees to participate in green office and facility initiatives, commuter programs, etc.Communications
- Establish a strong partnership with Marketing, Retail and Sales to deliver information on S&R strategy and programs to customers and consumers to build a transparent and trustworthy relationship
- Work closely with Marketing and Retail to ensure strong integration of S&R messages across marketing initiatives
- Be an internal and external spoke person for the brand values and represent TBL at European sustainability conferences and industry workshops, support stakeholder engagement, etc.
Innovation & Circularity: Help to drive TBL Innovation around S&R. Support TBL goal to be a leader in this area by bringing best practices and working to solve complex issues and be on the cutting edge.
Corporate Alignment: Participate and contribute to VF’ Sustainability Council and to Stabio’s VF S&R team and Green Team’s efforts.
Best Practices: Identify opportunities and best practices examples using sustainability lens for Energy, Waste, Product and Community, both in Product Development and broader Operations in alignment and coordination with TBL and VF S&R strategy.
Education: Coordinate with L and VF relevant teams’ S&R education programs and trainings to enable employees to deliver against S&R goals.
Supervisor: S&R Sn Director
Direct Reports: n/a
Internal: Brand Marketing, Product teams, Sales, Supply Chain, Global Stewards, Global CSR teams
External: Local communities & networks, represent the Brand within the industry, conferences
• Degree or equivalent work based experience
• English language is essential both written and verbal
• Additional language is an advantage
Additional specific skills:
- 5/7 years’ sustainability experience
- Project delivery experience
- Establishing Strategic Direction: Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organizational values.
- Compelling Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Building strategic working relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively across all levels of stakeholders
- Passion for results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving execution: Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Facilitating change: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Influencing skills: Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- International Brand and especially European experience preferable.
À propos de Timberland
TIMBERLAND, groupe américain à forte notoriété, est un leader mondial dans la conception, fabrication et commercialisation de chaussures, vêtements et accessoires.
Nos produits sont à l’image de nos valeurs que sont l’humanité, l’humilité, l’intégrité, l’excellence et notre engagement envers le respect et la protection de l’environnement.