As our Category Manager Running Footwear (m/f/d), you will be a key leader in the team with the challenge to serve our customers with the best product assortment and value available on line.
- Meet with suppliers to review their seasonal offerings, maintaining positive vendor relationships
- Select and purchase the products best suited for the European running market; maximize SKU performance through appropriate product mix
- Achieve and maintain inventory levels for optimum ROI
- Develop and manage web categories
- Develop and utilize sales reports
- Develop strategies for product launches, product liquidation and opportunity buys
- Provide knowledge support for the Customer Service team
- Occasional travel
Your skills and work experience:
- University degree
- Deep understanding of the running industry in Europe
- Minimum 3 years of buying experience, ideally in the running / sporting goods industry
- Fluent in English. Fluency in German or French is a plus
- Excellent communicator and negotiator
- You have a detail-oriented work attitude and you work independently, productively, always stay motivated and stay calm under pressure
- Flexibility in terms of working hours (as you will work closely with the US Running Warehouse team)
- You demonstrate a sense of pride in your work and represent Running Warehouse Europe in a positive manner
- Experience in People Management would be a plus
- You have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software applications
You can expect a very international working environment with flexible working hours and comprehensive insights into an internationally active online mail order business. Since sports are our passion, we also have a fully equipped gym, and we often cook healthy meals together in our large kitchen. We also offer attractive employee discounts on all our items.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please send us your CV in English per email.