Reporting to the FP&A Director Vans EMEA, the Manager of Retail Analysis will be responsible for financial planning, forecasting and analysis, supporting the DTC business in the EMEA Region.
This role is crucial for the Retail Leadership Team offering insights and financial guidance and supporting the Management decision making.
* Support EU Retail Leadership Team
– Support Retail Finance and the Retail Leadership Team to drive double-digit growth for the VANS DTC channels (Full-price stores, Outlets, Concessions, Partnerships and E-Commerce).
– Lead the weekly/monthly reviews with Retail Leaders to analyze KPIs and variance actual-budget and discuss corrective actions.
– Lead the Open-to-Buy process in cooperation with Merchandising and Operation ensuring the financial targets of sales, margin and inventory are achieved.
– Participate in the definition of the long-term business strategy advising management to maximize the profitability.
* Monthly Actuals review
– Ensure that actuals data are accurate and consistently uploaded in all VF systems.
– Ensure that variances to forecast are investigated and reported to management as appropriate.
– Ensure that consistent accounting treatments, based on US GAAP, are applied.
– Support the FP&A Director in the preparation of the monthly financial reviews.
* Monthly forecast / Annual Budget process
– Develop the monthly Forecast and annual Budget at store level and upload figures in VF system.
– Based on forecast and actual trends prepare simulations of risks/opportunities.
– Support the preparation of the annual budget presentation to Corporation.
– Support the 3Years strategic plan at store level.
* Financial support to business expansion/improvement
– Business plan preparation for new store openings and capital investment.
– Develop an Omni-Channel reporting and KPIs to facilitate a cross-channel decision making process.
* Lead the Retail Business Analysis team
– Coach and develop the team.
– Identify critical roles and talent and make sure succession planning happens.
Qualifications and Competencies
* 8+ years of experience in Finance Department, preferably in multinational environment. Previous experience in a retail business strongly preferred.
* Master’s degree in Finance, Statistics or Economics.
* Strong Financial and analytical skills.
* Proven communication skills in interacting with people from a non-financial background.
* ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationship by interacting regularly with all levels across the Brand.
* Ability to simplify financial results to deliver clear and concise messages to Senior Management.
* Flexibility based on change in priority and corporate’s deadlines.
* Ability to Coach and to Develop a team, setting clear goals and maintaining high level of motivation.
* Proficient computer skills (Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* MPC / Hyperion Experience preferred.
* Experience with SAP and COGNOS a plus.
* Language skills: Proficient in English, spoken as well as written.
Die Van Doren Rubber Company wurde 1966 in Kalifornien gegründet. Bereits nach wenigen Jahren galt der Van Schuh in der Skate-Kultur als Lieblingsstück vieler (Skate-)sportbegeisterte. Auch heute noch verkörpert Vans den Look Südkaliforniens.
Mit mehr als 40 Jahren Erfahrung bietet Vans heutzutage neben den Schuhwaren auch Kleidung, Accessoires, Snowboardausrüstung- und Bekleidung, sowie Pro-Tec Produkte an. Vans hat inzwischen eine beeinflussende Position in der Sportindustrie eingenommen, die den Lifestyle internationaler Kunden anspricht.