We are looking for an exceptional Business Planner Digital Titans and E-Com for Timberland, in our HQ in Stabio (CH).
Timberland Driven to Make it Better
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. Best known for its original yellow boot introduced in 1973, the brand today outfits consumers with versatile collections that reflect the brand’s rich heritage and inspire them to choose adventure around every corner of the world.
At Timberland, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, protect the outdoors and serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Timberland is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role
As the new Business Planner you will grow the Digital business (digital titans – Zalando, Amazon, Asos and E-com) net revenues, market share and profitability through strategic planning, retail sales analysis, tracking marketing initiatives, and making supply chain a competitive advantage. You will work in close collaboration with customer service and Digital management to recommend actions on in season management of the Order Book. You will also work in close collaboration with Demand planning and Channel management to influence seasonal product forecasting in season demand plan revisions and financial forecast (Gross to net or G2N). The Business Planner will integrate G2N and sell-through analysis for E-Com and Digital Titans.
You are an e-retail expert and able to recommend change in the way we service our accounts, seeking for efficiency.
What will be your primary accountabilities?
I. LEAD &OR SUPPORT GO TO MARKET PROCESS FOR DIGITAL TITANS
* Support Long term planning with analysis of current state of business, and sell-through performances of current assort
* PlanProvide report to track and feed vs. current plans, give recommendations on merchsales financial roll up
* Lead & Support FY and Seasonal Forecast by providing stock and sales analysis on current account performance and future estimation. Link with demand planning to validate seasonal forecast against financial buy plans
* Support Go To Market (Preparation step of the seasonal plans – Internal) with deep dive on YTD seasonal performance of key seasonal stories. Give recommendation based on data analytics and supported by x- functional qualitative feedback. Link with merchandising team to support account assortment plans
* Lead and Support Key Partners Seasonal Kick Off (preparation step of the seasonal plans with key partners – external) and Go To Market meeting (validation step of the seasonal plans – Internal) with analysis YTD sales trends and align with x-functions (SalesMerchandisingMarketing) on qualitative feedback
* Support Pre-linesSell in (Seasonal plan validation with accounts) with providing team with financial and Sell Through performance analysis to support the plan
* Lead & support seasonal plans tracking by providing comprehensive reports to the x-functional team
II. SUPPORT PARTNER MANAGEMENT PROCESS
* Support Channel Quarterly & Monthly Business Reviews by track results vs. plan. Track specific initiatives. Provide Stock & Sales plan with learnings on current quarter. Future quarter Stock sales estimation populated with business recommendation
* Support Quarter & Month Close process by providing full rationale on state of business ahead of close. Work closely with Digital sales managers and CS to execute any actions necessary (GapsOptimisation)
* Support Quarterly & Monthly reforecasting process (G2N Demand Plan…) with bottom up validation. Connect with planning team and finance team to get full alignment vs. planning kpi’sIdentify gaps andor opportunities. Link with demand planning team to revise channel position on inventory. Connect with CS to inform on plans. Connect with Finance to highlight risks and opportunities against financial plan
* Support Weekly Digital Sales Management & operations by providing full set of data. Build comprehensive and efficient scorecard to identify Sell Through performance on a weekly base, integrating Digital Sales figures with E-Com data. Identify gap andor optimisation opportunities. Support shipping reviews identifying key actions in regards to call offsReordersCancellationsReturns. Provide key business recommendation to the channel and track
* Be a driving force for change. Always seek to improve the process to support your channel base performance, therefore the overall brand performance
How you’ll make a difference…
The qualifications you need to have
* Education University Degree or equivalent, preferably in Business or economics
* Experience minimum 3 to 5 years of sales or sales analysis or retail buying experiences with FMCG or major sport brands or key professional buying organizations or Commercial finance experience manager experience. On-line business is a plus.
* Language skills Good communication skills in English and another language will be a plus
The skills we expect you to have
* AnalyticalTechnical skills Proficient in Microsoft Excel (masters Macros)
* High energy, goal oriented and driven individual
* Great at getting things done and can create, maintain and develop relationship with various departments
The competencies we are looking for
* Building Partnerships
* Information Monitoring
* Driving for Results
* Planning & Organisation
Key Milestones & Travel Expectations
* Quarterly Team off sites (Location varies across markets)
* Quarterly Account business review (at account HQ)
* Go To Market 3 (twice a year in Stabio)
* Monthly Account business review meetings (Stabio)
* SalesBrand Meetings (twice a year)
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks and fruit
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since this is our commonly used language.
Die weltweit bekannte Marke Timberland ist stets bestrebt Qualitätsprodukte zu entwerfen, die dich sowohl in deinen Abenteuern wie auch im alltäglichen Stadtleben begleiten. Die Rede ist hier von einem weltweiten Vorreiter, der neben Schuhwaren und Kleidung auch Accessoires auf hohem qualitativen Niveau vertreibt, wobei eine umweltfreundliche Abwicklung, die internen Werte und die soziale Verantwortung des Unternehmens eine bedeutende Rolle spielen.