Support the implementation of an additional Distribution Center (Albion) and take full responsibility of rerouting/rebalancing POs as needed within the new processes;
Support the Purchase Order and inventory management across two destination DCs, working closely with different functions and promptly reacting if any issues arise.
* Participate in all Albion trainings to fully understand and master the provided new tools and activities that will enable rerouting and rebalancing of supply between DCs.
* Successfully execute all requested activities related to the preparation and ramp up of the new DC.
* Develop, publish and comment new reporting in BI for all DCs as needed with a specific focus on managing a multi-node DC operation
* Liaise with the DTC/Planning teams to ensure rerouting and rebalancing activities are aligned with actions and deadlines of wider team.
* Execute regular rerouting and rebalancing of supply between DCs keeping track of all inventory and service related implications, minimizing costs when possible and highlighting any risks or requirements in a timely manner. Support timely reaction to reorder availability needs by DC.
* Execute and control Stock Transfer Orders management, working closely with DC, Planning and DTC to establish the right procedures and controlling activities, in order to identify, solve and/or escalate any potential issue.
* Provide ad hoc support and rebalancing for specific cases deriving from sales requests, marketing collaborations or DTC/Planning requests.
* Work with sourcing and Bangalore PA team to assure POs on the system are properly maintained and monitored in our system and that all rerouting activities are correctly executed end to end
* Support the wider Operations team in PO management, supply demand match and direct ship/crossdock across the multi-node DCs
* Work with Logistics, QC and DCs to have goods correctly received according to brand priorities and needs and assure end to end rebalancing activities are correctly executed
* Support inventory management by DC (inbound and outbound planning, receipts tracking, liquidation activities), including the definition of new processes needed, the integration of new DC team and the collaboration with other brands shipping from the same DC.
* By working closely with CS, Sales Ops, DTC and Planning, support supply and demand match control by DC in order to drive optimal order coverage and balanced PO phasing. Assure on time availability by DC for key brand launches
* Additional data analysis including customer orderbook coverage analysis, database cross checks, data reconciliation and validation, which will support, control and create maximum efficiency of rerouting and rebalancing activities between DCs.
* Provide regular input on Operations issues, analyse and suggest possible system improvements / enhancements
* Ad hoc analysis & support
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
* Education: University degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain & Inventory Management, Economics, Business management engineer or equivalent studies that reflect strong analytical skills
* Experience: Previous supply chain experience is beneficial.
* Language skills: fluent English, verbal and written. Any other European language is an advantage
* Excellence in a Microsoft Windows environment;
* Ability to work with large volumes of data from multiple sources
* Strong analytical skill required to collate and manipulate information in a meaningful way, with attention to details and the ability to interpret and challenge complex data
* Strong qualitative and quantitative skills;
* Strong work ethic with ability to work in team
* Flexible in thinking style and in the ability to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst meeting key deadlines
* Ability to prioritize workload and liaise with other departments/teams within the business
Über The North Face
Aus dem erstem Geschäft der Marke The North Face® wuchs einer beeindruckenden Anzahl an Filialen, die sich inzwischen auf der ganzen Welt wiederfinden und mehrere Millionen Dollars im Vertrieb umsetzen. Das Leitbild bleibt trotz der Entwicklung über 40 Jahre dasselbe: die beste Ausstattung für Outdoorliebende entwickeln und dabei den Umweltschutz und das Wildleben unterstützen. The North Face® ist bestrebt seine Kundschaft weltweit von Outdooraktivitäten zu inspirieren.